Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2019, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Leveling Germany after WW1 led directly to 50 million dead in WW2. Building it up again after WW2 gave the world 75 years (and counting) without a major world war.
    But in reality it is just taking longer because the protagonists have changed. You think that Germany has been taken out of the equation, absorbed, it is true few conquerors who fall rise again quickly, particularly after they have been crushed more than once
    but Germany now has the economic domination it sought and only Russia keeps it in check. Germany will not be a military power again but they will try to forge Europe into one. If Germany hadn't been led by a lunatic they might have succeeded in WWII, expanding their borders and reunifying their race
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2019, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    If Germany hadn't been led by a lunatic they might have succeeded in WWII

If Germany hadn't been led by a lunatic, there never would have been a WW2 to succeed in.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2019, 06:46 AM
    Paraclete is correct: Germany seeks to conquer Europe AGAIN but by a different route......the refugees were simply a ploy to get the other nations distracted while they worked on the plan....to Germany, Russia is an obstacle!
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2019, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Paraclete is correct: Germany seeks to conquer Europe AGAIN but by a different route......to Germany, Russia is an obstacle!

Russia is an obstacle to many countries, especially Ukraine. I don't think Germany is unique in that. Oddly, Russia's best friend seems to the good ol' USA, at least as long as Vlad's boyfriend is in power.

(Germany's) refugees were simply a ploy to get the other nations distracted while they worked on the plan
    What refugees? What ploy? What distractions? What plan? A brief explanation will be welcome.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2019, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Russia is an obstacle to many countries, especially Ukraine. I don't think Germany is unique in that. Oddly, Russia's best friend seems to the good ol' USA, at least as long as Vlad's boyfriend is in power.

What refugees? What ploy? What distractions? What plan? A brief explanation will be welcome.
    Speaking of which,

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...russia-1689531

Checking to see if this will be part of the money grab for wall money program the dufus has initiated. There are report that other Eastern European defensive military projects are part of this project but cannot confirm that at this time but just speculating if the dufus is help Vlad's interests, or our own, and our allies. Vlad would love to destroy NATO, and is the dufus and his right wing Euro/Americans helping him out?
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2019, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    There are report that other Eastern European defensive military projects are part of this project but cannot confirm that at this time but just speculating if the dufus is help Vlad's interests, or our own, and our allies. Vlad would love to destroy NATO, and is the dufus and his right wing Euro/Americans helping him out?
    Rachel Maddow show had long list of official projects de-funded to build wall. Put out by the White House.

Yes. just about every Eastern European project has been cancelled. She might have the list on her web site. Exactly what one thought Trump would have done.

Another one for the Courts.

Sep 6, 2019, 02:59 PM
    Look, gentlemen, we (the West) tried like hell to emasculate the German nation and form it in our image (the part ofit we had in ou possession)….this was nation building which everyone supported, and it sounds like you also supported when you talk about 75 years of peace....And I bet a lot of you think we made Germany into a nation of placid, flaccid, and nonaggressive bunch: You think we re-engineered the German people....if you think that, you are way wrong: Like Paraclete alluded to earlier: The Germans are just pursuing another tactic to conquer Europe: Use your brains! You still are caught up in Cold War mantra: Its obsolete! The Russians aren't the troublemaker (forget Crimea, which is ethnically Russian and was Russian until '58)….the Germans want us to stay at odds with Russia because it helps them get more room to maneuver and draw more nation into the German web, better known as the E.U. The whole deal with Brexit and them trying to make and example that its the wrong thing to do is all about preventing other nations from breaking away from Greater Germany E.U.
    Expert

Sep 6, 2019, 03:54 PM
    All this time I thought California and New York were trying to conquer the world. Okay Vac7 where did you get such a position from?

Sep 6, 2019, 08:15 PM
    Talaniman: You could say it was a rather dynamic equation that brought me to this conclusion....I won't bother you with the constants or the coefficients but the variables include: 1) being of German heritage myself, kind of an insider's information, psychologically and family history wise, 2) knowing something of German history, 3) working with many Germans in my field of Engineering, 4) seeing the inter-behavior of Germany change since the fall of the wall, and seeing the intra-behavior of Germany since the fall of the wall. I wouldn't trust Germany in an outhouse even with them having a muzzle on: don't turn your back on them.
    Expert

Sep 7, 2019, 04:07 PM
    You don't have to trust anyone to deal with them, and Germans are hardly the only humans with ambitions, or need muzzles. I could share a few equations myself.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2019, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You don't have to trust anyone to deal with them, and Germans are hardly the only humans with ambitions, or need muzzles. I could share a few equations myself.
    Do Tell, hope your advice starts at home
    Expert

Sep 12, 2019, 07:51 AM
    I agree Clete if only the congress of the US would emulate the parliment of the UK and push back on the big mouth bully talking crazy. We seem to let our loony dufus run roughshod instead of standing up against the bully.

Sep 12, 2019, 03:25 PM
    The U.S. President is the U.S. President: The most powerful man in the world: You aren't going to push him but one time before he'll react in an unpredictable and retaliatory way. Pushing Trump is not without risks: His shear will and enormous personality are the reason why the Republican won the contested Congressional Seat in N.C. this week. The President is not equaled by Congress and the idea that he is equaled by Congress is not realistic.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2019, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    The U.S. President is the U.S. President: The most powerful man in the world: You aren't going to push him but one time before he'll react in an unpredictable and retaliatory way. Pushing Trump is not without risks: His shear will and enormous personality are the reason why the Republican won the contested Congressional Seat in N.C. this week. The President is not equaled by Congress and the idea that he is equaled by Congress is not realistic.
    And I thought your constitution placed the three pillars in balance. What a crock

Sep 12, 2019, 05:56 PM
    Paraclete: That's the way the engine is supposed to be tuned but its a bit out of tune at present: When one man can give the order to "PUSH THE BUTTON," and only one man can, do you really think that the three branches are equal? Not hardly. Now, Paraclete, when I frame it in that light, it looks a little bit different, doesn't?

Elements of the U.S. Government design are a little adulterated currently and The POTUS has no equals. It might come back into equilibrium one day but there are no guarantees.

However, you can rest assured and have no fear: No matter how the U.S. is governed, the U.S. is still in charge of its faculties and the faculties of many other nations.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2019, 08:24 PM
    However, you can rest assured and have no fear: No matter how the U.S. is governed, the U.S. is still in charge of its faculties and the faculties of many other nations.
    On the contrary, I think we all need to fear the outcomes from a nation which thinks it rules the world, and which is ruled by a petulant child
    Expert

Sep 13, 2019, 07:20 AM
    We don't RULE the world but no doubt we dominate many areas of it, and are a catalyst for many countries economies because we deal with darn near everyone in one way or another, especially allies that are militarily challenged against bigger dogs than them. That's just what the big dogs do and have done until they cannot. Don't like it don't deal with us Clete, but as long as you are, stop whining about it. Or is that all the little dogs can do, whine about the big dog.

That's cool if you do it from the safety of your own porch.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2019, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I think we all need to fear the outcomes from a nation which thinks it rules the world, and which is ruled by a petulant child

We don't think we rule the world and, compared to previous dominant world powers, we are by far the most beneficent. Can you imagine a Marshall Plan originating in any other world power with the rest of the world on its knees after a huge war? Of course, the Plan helped us to renew a market for our products. Win-win.

The US is founded on principles that its citizens fervently believe in, not always perfectly. It is these principles that are a magnet to immigrants suffering oppression all over the world. Immigrants are the spice of America coming in all flavors. They are the yeast, leavening and rising.

As to the petulant child, that is the saddest chapter in the nation's governance. But soon it will be no more than a forgettable footnote in this always renewing great experiment.
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2019, 06:09 AM
    As to the petulant child, that is the saddest chapter in the nation's governance. But soon it will be no more than a forgettable footnote in this always renewing great experiment.
    Indeed, and perhaps there is only one solution
    Expert

Sep 14, 2019, 06:20 AM
    What's that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative print Boris O'Klein [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help with information about this print I have seen colored prints before But none in negative Has tow folds Like maybe out of a book Thanks in advance

My 2006 350 E Mercedes passenger seat seat belt warning light is always on. E [ 1 Answers ]

My passenger seat seat belt sign won't go off even after clicking belt.

Boris the spider [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am wondering whether anyone remembers a kids TV programme from the mid nineties that was set in a dark castle and was a game show where kids had to go through gunge and in a maze in the cellar to win prizes and after each game a spider called boris used to come down and tell them what...

View more questions Search