Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ePeter889 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2019, 02:59 PM
    Jet pump just tired or....?
    my 2-pipe (deep well?) Jet pump won't achieve more than 49 psi, measured on pressure tank. 1) How to clear jet?

Pressure tank won't hold preset pressure. I pumped it up to 28 psi, cycled the tank a couple times and it was down to 22-23 psi, which seems to be cut-on pressure??? Is replacement the right thing?

I know that won't address the feeble pump problem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 20, 2019, 03:23 AM
    Can't diagnose a pump online, but you can check your system for LEAKS, or obstructed intake lines first before you change the pump. Both conditions will hamper the performance of the pump/system. Bad check valves can also affect system pressure. In short, before you guess do the troubleshoot and pin down the problem. Might be worth the bucks for a professional look before you start changing stuff that may not solve the problem, especially in older systems that have gone without regular routine maintenance.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2019, 05:16 AM
    1. When you say it won't get over 49#, are you saying that it gets to 49 and cuts off, or it gets to 49 and just keeps on running but won't get any higher?

2. To set your pressure tank, you must first drain system pressure to zero. Turn off the pump and open a faucet. Let it run until system pressure gets down to zero. Then you can set your tank pressure to 2# BELOW the cutin pressure. So if the switch is set to turn the pump on when pressure drops, for instance, to 30 psi, then you will set your tank pressure to 28 psi. After that, with the system running, the tank pressure will go up and down but should not drop below 28.

It sounds like you were trying to set your tank pressure without first draining pressure on the system down to zero. That won't work.

3. How old is that tank? How old is the pump?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The pump in my washer has to pump water up 9 feet to the drain line, pump fails [ 3 Answers ]

I have no floor drain, so our washer has to pump the water up 9 feet to the drain line, so the pump fails after 6 months. Is there some way to put in a second pump to assist the washer pump or is there a better washing machine to buy that has a pump that can handle this kind of situation? Any...

Pump lost prime and overheated motor runs but does not pump is the pump fried [ 4 Answers ]

Over night the pump lost primed and melted the sched. 40 fittings I replaced all the fittings and cannot get pump to prime the motor runs is it possible that the propeller was damaged from the heat?//

I am always tired, what vits can I take which will help me feel better and less tired [ 1 Answers ]

I feel tired all the time, don't seem to have an energy and always seem to be ill if there is flu going around I pick it up. I can't exercise as much as I use to and I am still tired.

View more questions Search