Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yeswedeliver Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2019, 03:00 PM
    MSI x58 Motherboard Change Base Clock Features
    I have questions about my MSI x58 Pro E Motherboard - related to its feature to easily change the cpu base clock between 133, 166, and 200. I have the manual, screen shots, clearly posed questions about using the hardware switch to change the clock. Do I also change in BIOS (?) and do I uninstall associated software that came with the board. I have ALL details to provide if you want to take attempt an answer. Am willing to pay a small fee for the time and help.
    I will provide the details as best I can below - but have docs, manuals, questions in MS word, email, format to forward to you.
    OK, so I built a machine just to accommodate, and run, flight simulator software - which demands just about all a machine can muster on the high end of settings.
    I bought an MSI x58 Pro E motherboard [documents attached]. I maxed out the RAM and it has an i7 processor [i7 870 2.93GHz].
    So, as I read through the manual - I see that I can choose between 133, 166, or 200 by setting a mechanical 3 toggle switch - photo and detail in attachments [i.e. user can move 3 (two position [binary]) slider switches in various combinations to yield the 3 different frequencies].
    Regarding this feature - I have a few basic, fundamental questions - - -
    MAIN QUESTIONs:
    If I change the mechanical switch on the motherboard - MUST I ALSO change the setting in the BIOS [??] and then
    PLUS - [then] Do I uninstall the software controllers?? or is there a way to - DO I [?] utilize them together(??) to achieve the desired result [better performance].
    OK, in more detail -
    How do I utilize the motherboard feature to allow it to operate at 200 MHz?
    1. Must I set both the motherboard switches AND Change The BIOS?
    Then, please address the software installations that come with the board - do I uninstall them?
    The software that came with the board - to assist in 'over-clocking' is:
    A) MSI Supercharger/-
    B) Control Center and how... or IF - these software controlled settings interact with the mechanical switch...
    Supercharger does not appear to have a dialog or windows control panel paired with it ... [that I can find] but (if I click the shortcut - the OS reports that it is running.
    Control Center [Here are screenshots of this program]:
    Basic This shows 'Basic Mode' - for 'over-clocking'

This one shows 'Advanced':
    Attached
    Also, was unable to upload the Manual for it's size 11MB's. I will send link or email if requested.

Thanks Very Much!
    Attached is the Manual.
    Thanks again,
    jerry lombardo
    Attached Images

Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2019, 08:56 PM
    Your question is over my head, and since no one has answered in over a moth I guess over the heads of everyone else here. You might want to post this question over at Bleeping Computer.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/
    yeswedeliver Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2019, 11:04 AM
    Spector1 ... I appreciate your taking the time to address my question even just
    to suggest another site. I apologize it took me so long to offer a 'nod' [thanks!].
    I will follow your recommendation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to change my motherboard How can I use my hard drive without reloading windows7 [ 3 Answers ]

I need to change my motherboard. How can I use my hard drive as is without having to reload windows 7 again? Philip

How to change the bios of DH55PJ Motherboard [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I currently own the following Intel system, Operating System System Model Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (build 7601) Install Language: English (United States) System Locale: English (United States) Enclosure Type: Desktop Processor a

Continuous change in the clock [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am really happy to register with this site. Thank you in advance for your help. I am having a problem with my clock at the right corner of the windows,it keeps changing by itself.when I set it for the right time,it goes forward for an hour. My computer is connected to a network by a...

View more questions Search