Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minibike6969 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2019, 10:13 PM
    timing marks
    on a 96 honda civic what timing marks need to be lined up with the camshaft,the mark on the timing belt drive pulley or the mark on the crankshaft pulley also does the engine turn counterclock or clockwise
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2019, 03:37 PM
    This is the best illustration I've seen,

https://www.justanswer.com/honda/3y3...rd-96-2-2.html

CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 24, 2019, 05:31 AM
    Good images from talaniman. The rotation is clockwise in these images.
    I would recommend you purchase a repair manual for this vehicle and follow the precautions. This is an "interference" motor which means if the steps aren't followed exactly, you can severely damage the engine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Timing marks [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. Every one. The water pump of my 94 accord started leaking last night. I decided to change it today with the timing belt too. I am confused because when I removed the cover to see the marks I noticed the cam pulley points up but the crank one points at 11 pm, the oil pulp pulley is at 6 pm,...

Timing marks [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to find the timing marks on a dodge 360. I have located the mark on the harmonic balancer,but can't find the ones on the block. Thank you.

Timing marks on B&S [ 0 Answers ]

I have a briggs and stratton 12.5 and trying to figure out the timing marks to put it back together.Replaced the connecting rod nothing else was broke.

I changed the timing belt on 92 honda accord put all timing marks where they belong [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the timing belt on my 92 honda accord, put all timing marks where they belong. But the car won't start. It sounds like it wants to start but it does not.

92 Civic timing marks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all. First time here. Looks like a great place. Here's my problem, I got this Honda given to me. First time for a Honda. Engine does run but has a loud knocking at idle that sounds like a rod knocking. I pulled the plug wires off one at a time and all but one made a big difference. I want to...

View more questions Search