Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rosepdls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2019, 11:41 AM
    My husband has brought his daughter to live with us
    Hello I have been married for 8 years now, and me and my husband just purchased a larger home. His 21 year old daughter has moved in with us and she is completely 100% not independent. She does not drive or have a job. She relays on my husband for meals, clothing and everything she needs. His attention is completely on her now and I feel robbed of a husband. Am I being selfish or are my concerns and feelings valid? I asked him how long she planned on staying with us and he said basically forever because she is his daughter. The daughter feels entitled to everything in our home and my husband has to run and get her something to eat 3 times a day. I don’t know how to feel about this? Help please.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 12:14 PM
    Is she physically disabled or has a mental illness? Or is just spoiled? Where's her mom?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 12:25 PM
    Do you have kids by a previous relationship, or with your husband? If so is he a good father? Is the daughter respectful, and do you get along with her? Have you interacted in those 8 years since she was about 13 when you married? Were they close before and in regular contact as she was growing up? Did you know or talk to his ex? Did he have regular visitations?

These are things to consider to understand how to best judge your feelings. Jealousy or resentment or BOTH? Just from what you have written though I personally would stay out of here relationship, establish boundaries on my stuff and see if your husband would entertain guiding her to a life path. Maybe he feels bad himself if he missed her growing up and could be making up for lost time. Did you discuss this beforehand? If not, I would be resentful about that TBH.

I'd like to know more if you're comfortable with that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'Live action' film set in England about a fox and a hound being brought up together. [ 3 Answers ]

I saw this 'live action' film between 1975 and 1985 on television. No doubt it was made before that. The film was about a young abandoned fox and a puppy Hound. They we're 'brought up' together, on a ?farm by a young lad and his father who kept and raised hounds for fox hunts. The story goes on...

My Husband Brought a Truck have bill of sale no title [ 3 Answers ]

In October my husband brought a truck, the person gave him a bill of sale and signed it but he said the title was in another state and he would have to get it and send it to us. We have never received it. What legally can we do if anything? Thanks TATA

My husband brought property real and now he owns, however , my name is not on the [ 27 Answers ]

Property, we've been married 22yrs, how can I have my name added

A man went to a carnival. He brought his 2 daughters, they each brought 4 kids, and e [ 1 Answers ]

A man went to a carnival. He brought his 2 daughters, they each brought 4 kids, and each kid brought 3 friends. How many people are going to the carnival?

My husband to be. Would like to adopt my daughter. We live in Massachusetts. [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is 14months, she knows my husband to be been her "dad" from day 1, she does not know her real father. Never been there, never will. I have restraing order on him.he not on my daugther b.c. because he threaten to kill me when I was 6months pregrant anyone know the mass laws on this, or...

View more questions Search