Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2019, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    in what way do you think I was "cornered

I know when you're cornered by your answers. When you can no longer come up with an answer, you revert to "The Bible told me so". That was many times. Another typical answer by you is "I don't care", when you have no answer. This last is very juvenile.

The cornered rat has no place to go.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2019, 09:36 AM
    The cornered rat has no place to go
    Says the tolerant liberal who does not believe in name calling.

I know when you're cornered by your answers. When you can no longer come up with an answer, you revert to "The Bible told me so".
    Kind of what I figured. You have no idea. This might surprise you, but when talking about doctrinal questions, making reference to the Bible is actually the BEST strategy. It is far from being cornered and is, in fact, the safest ground to stand on. Perhaps you are the one who feels cornered and has no answers??

Another typical answer by you is "I don't care", when you have no answer.
    I have actually said that once (which means it is not typical) and it was in response to someone stating their opinion about a topic. I was telling them I did not care what their opinion was on a particular subject that seemed to have no relationship to the truth.

This last is very juvenile.
    So shaming is bad unless, of course, you are the one doing it. You want to know what it means to be juvenile? To refer to one statement as "typical". It tells me, at best, that you don't understand the term "typical".

It really is a curiosity to me how liberals on this board seem to be opposed to shaming and name-calling unless, of course, they are the ones doing it. Why is that? It has never bothered me to be called out when I am wrong or to be asked to see something from a different perspective. I don't see it as "shaming" or whatever, but you guys seem to, and yet you go right on and do it. Strange.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I see things and hear things that aren't there [ 2 Answers ]

I see and hear things that aren't there and I sometimes have a really high pressure in my head that can make me really dizzy and hurts quite abit I don't know what's causing it but its getting worse

In Jesus's name, or not [ 75 Answers ]

Hello Christians: Does it diminish a prayer if the prayer leader ends it with just a plain Amen, instead of "in the name of Jesus, Amen"? I ask, because as I watch the NASCAR race, I'm offended when they pray to Jesus. It kind of leaves ME OUT. I don't like to be left out. I've also...

Did Jesus Ever Say He was God? [ 252 Answers ]

:confused: Is Jesus Christ God? Investigate these interesting claims... The earliest followers of Jesus all seemed pretty convinced that Jesus was fully God in human form. Paul said, "He is the image of the invisible God...in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell." John said...

What Would Jesus Do? [ 11 Answers ]

An American Preacher once said to me (through the God Channel, Sky Channel 760) that, when I am faced with every day travails (such as which way up to have my eggs) I should ask myself “What Would Jesus Do?” You can imagine the difficulty this has now given me, having not read all of the bible,...

View more questions Search