Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shifftali Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2019, 01:08 PM
    Can I run my refrigerator and hot water insinkerator on the same line?
    HI! I am wondering if I can plug my hot water insinkerator into the outlet that my refrigerator is plugged into. the fridge model sticker says it draws 7.2 amps and the insinkerator says it draws 6.45 amps. the fuse in the control box panel is 20 amps to the fridge. I know that obviously hiring an electrician to run a new line is best, but I am wondering if this can work....
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2019, 05:26 AM
    No, it's too much on one line. The refrigerator has to have extra for starting amps.
    Emmalayla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2019, 02:47 AM
    Better change the line, or you can use heavy silver wire to run both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the water line connected to a refrigerator have to be a copper line? [ 2 Answers ]

Does the water line connected to a refrigerator have to be a copper line?

Refrigerator water line [ 2 Answers ]

I got the drip pan emptied, found out the problem is the water line that connects to the filter housing is leaking, can that line be replaced in a whirlpool side by side refrigerator? Should I also replace the filter housing?

How to hook up a water line to a GE refrigerator water dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

The water line at the bottom of the freezer dor has snapped into and I need to hook up another water line so the water dispenser will work.

How does one install a water line to a refrigerator for water and ice making? [ 2 Answers ]

How does one install a water line to a refrigerator for water and ice making?

Hooking up water line to refrigerator for ice maker and water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my problem, I just bought a refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser which by the way is a Haier PRCS25. I then purchased an ice maker kit from the hardware which came with a self piercing saddle valve. From here I connected the valve to a 3/4" copper cold line pipe...

View more questions Search