Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2019, 08:20 PM
    cabrio platinum washing machine
    i have a cabrio platinum washing machine model # WTW8240YWO . i bought it used, set it up and used it for a year with no problems. i recently moved and set it up in the new place and half way through the wash it just stopped. soapy water and shirts in washing machine. i go an LD code. googled it, found possibly clog or bad pump. took it apart and found no clog. bought new drain pump and installed it. ran a test 'rinse and spin'. worked fine. put the shirts back in and started over. same results as first time after i moved it. at wits end. how do i get this thing to do a wash cycle?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 10, 2019, 03:47 AM
    More info. Does it agitate, spin, or just stop after filling? Please clarify as it may be the drain hose or drain line that's the problem from what you have written.

I get the impression it goes through the wash cycle but cannot drain, which is either a function of the hose, since you changed the pump, or isn't getting the signal to end the wash cycle, or according to here,

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/r...ir-help.html#3

Lid switch or...

1. Water pump beltIf there is no obstruction in the pump or hose, the next thing to check is the water pump belt. These belts wear out and break over time, and will need to be replaced if broken or showing excessive wear.
    2. Drive beltIf the washer is still not draining, the next thing to check is the drive belt. If this belt is worn, broken, or not on the pulley system, the washer will possibly not drain at all. If the belt has excessive wear or is broken it will need to be replaced.

MORE INFO.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2019, 04:19 PM
    thank you for answering. many years ago i gave answers too on here. i have a whirlpool cabrio platinum model wtw8240yw0. i bought it from craigslist. i set it up and used it without incident for about a year. i moved it to a new location and hooked it up. did not use it for 3 days. then i loaded it with 6 work shirts and turned it on. after the wash cycle it gave error code of LD. googled it, looked for clog, found no clog. ordered new pump, installed it and ran 'rinse and drain'. worked fine. put the shirts back in, started wash, same as first time. removed washplate, found no clogs. removed pump again, found no clogs. hooked everything back up and ran 'rinse and spin'. got LD error code again.

this did not work https://removeandreplace.com/2015/09/10/how-to-reset-a-whirlpool-cabrio-washing-machine/
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2019, 04:25 PM
    after all that frustration i did this............ If that did not work, try the next Cabrio reset procedure:

Touch any button on the display pad to clear the error code or press “Pause Cancel.”
    Choose another cycle and press “Start”.
    Disconnect the Cabrio from power if the error or problem comes back.
    Wait 5 minutes before restoring power.
    Choose a new cycle and press “Start.”
    Run a test load empty to be sure the reset worked. If not perform the reset procedure one more time........... now something is happening. i got a C1 and the machine started a cycle, filling through the soap dispenser. now on C2, sensing...... will report back shortly as it progresses.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2019, 04:34 PM
    got an F72. RESEARCHING NOW
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 11, 2019, 10:21 AM
    You are going to need an be proficient with an ohmmeter, multimeter for those little electronic do hickeys. Please keep us abreast of your progress and double check that drain hose/line which includes a hose that leads to the pump itself if applicable. Top loaders can be notorious for getting stuff trapped in the upper hose or bottom of the drum between the tub housing.

Personally I love videos and here is a good one, accessed on YOUTUBE searching washer will not drain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lg6B0_7NBQ

And found this for your review.

[http://appliancerepairguides.com/whi...f72-explained/

Appliance repair and Repair clinic have great videos too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

While washing cloths in my Kenmore 701 Seires , the washing machine stop operating a [ 2 Answers ]

While washing cloths in my Kenmore 70 Series machine , the washer stopped working as if the power supply tripped off. Checked everything but can't get the washer to start again, every thing is dead

In-Wall Washing Machine Manual Shut-off Valve Leaks Into Washing Machine [ 9 Answers ]

My hot water automatic shut-off valve on my washing machine started gushing water. So I figured no problem, I would turn off the water at the in-wall manual shut off valve for the washing machine. But even when I turn it all the way off, it leaks. It leaks into the hose going to the washing...

What makes a washing machine stop drainingthe dirty waterMy washing mach [ 2 Answers ]

My washing machine stopped draining. I have no warranty on it and I'd like to know if it's something I can take care of myself without the cost of a technician coming to my house

Toilet closest to washing machine gurgles and backs up when washing machine drains. [ 2 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the toilet in the next room gurgles and the bowl partially fills. I have taken these steps: Ran hose down vent pipe on roof. No backup noticed. Had plumber snake from outside wall cleanout by washing machine and 1/2 bath toilet to city sewer line in alley,...

View more questions Search