Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chica Fish Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2007, 09:22 AM
    The Cougar Craze
    I just recently got out of a relationship, I have been talking to a younger man quite a bit via over the phone. We have not gone out on a date. We work together, he is my subordinate. This is my dilemma:

#1 - I think he is too young
    #2- I do not date people I work with
    #3 - I have children , he has a child
    #4- I just got out of a relationship

Question #1 Should I just stay friends with him, or cut it off at the knees... now so that it does not go any further?

Question #2- How do I know he is really interested in me ? Maybe it is because I am up on the food chain in the office?

Please help me I am so confused??
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 09:34 AM
    If he is a subordinate, you are just asking for trouble. If the relationship goes sour he could make things very difficult for you.

I also think it helps to put some time between relationships. Give yourself some time.

Apr 20, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Well, I believe you are right but would it be wrong to talk to him on the phone, just to pass time?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 09:45 AM
    If you are both satisfied being friends, why not?

Apr 20, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Thanks ,Cheers!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 20, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Chica Fish]I just recently got out of a relationship, I have been talking to a younger man quite a bit via over the phone. We have not gone out on a date. We work together, he is my subordinate. This is my dilemma:

#1 - I think he is too young-A valid consideration
    #2- I do not date people I work with=A good rule to have
    #3 - I have children , he has a child- me too, and grand children, and a fish.
    #4- I just got out of a relationship-Give yourself time to get between ralationships, and don't give this young guy false hopes for more than friendship.

Question #1 Should I just stay friends with him, or cut it off at the knees... now so that it does not go any further?
    Work place is not a good to have relationships with. And give a lot of thoughts to being friends with subordinates. Not always a good idea at all.
    Question #2- How do I know he is really interested in me ? Maybe it is because I am up on the food chain in the office?
    It doesn't matter as this is your work place, not the dating game.
    Please help me I am so confused??
    When confused you act appropriately at your work place to protect your job, everything else is irrelevant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search