Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2019, 07:40 PM
    Exactly! And much of that goes back to how they were parented and what they were taught, how they were made to feel.
    That's the way to hold your moral ground, Miss Conservative WG!! Yes indeed. Life was not perfect, so women should go out immediately and get pregnant. That will solve the problem for sure.

You have to decide. Either women have a backbone and can make wise decisions, or you can regard them as merely weak little females and incapable of making good choices. I am choosing the former position.

And no one has made the ridiculous suggestion of passing a law. That's yet another fantasy world suggestion.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 03:50 AM
    And no one has made the ridiculous suggestion of passing a law. That's yet another fantasy world suggestion.

A number of states are making laws they hope will get to SCOTUS and overturn Roe. That's no fantasy. Numerous states have made laws to close PP. That's no fantasy. A woman or man for that matter doesn't set out to get pregnant. It happens, when sex happens, and not always a well planned thought out event. Oft times it's just a feel good grab like an addict trying to feel good. Sex like drugs makes you feel good and if you are feeling bad for whatever reason who doesn't go for the feel good, and maybe you don't realize the consequences, or don't care when you feel THAT bad. Getting hooked on a feel good is the easiest thing in the world for humans, though most can do this in healthy ways, some cannot. As I have been trying to explain, maybe not that well, I think the way to go is treatment for the underlying root cause of whatever pain, misery or condition that makes one fall into that cycle of wanting that feel good, quick fix that so dominants ones life. That may take years with plenty of good help and treatment.

The bottom line is women and men may have issues that renders them incapable of making good choices, and this cannot be discounted and punishments imposed without a very professional expert evaluation BEFORE punishment should even be considered. It is my position that those laws I cited above are punishments, however well intended, only serve to perpetrate the problem, delay whatever treatment may be needed, and only affects the most vulnerable in a very cruel discriminatory ineffective way.

They create more problems than they solve.

Uber Member

Jul 14, 2019, 05:21 AM
    A number of states are making laws they hope will get to SCOTUS and overturn Roe. That's no fantasy. Numerous states have made laws to close PP. That's no fantasy.
    None of which has anything to do with what we were talking about which was responsible sexual behavior. We have discussed all this before. Killing an unborn baby is a pathetically barbaric solution for a pregnancy. I advocate we avoid "unwanted" pregnancies by employing some common sense, practical ideas. Don't have sex until marriage, for instance, which was pretty much the standard for many centuries until the advent, amazingly enough, of birth control methods. Out of wedlock births are now just accepted as normal. That was far from being the case prior to the last few decades.

A woman or man for that matter doesn't set out to get pregnant. It happens, when sex happens, and not always a well planned thought out event
    Which is exactly why we need to change our culture. The free sex, anything goes mentality we have now explains why we kill hundreds of thousands of unborn babies every year and hundreds of thousands of other children are born into fatherless households which we know for certain puts those children into an automatic disadvantage in life. It amazes me that you are so concerned about the children at the southern border but have no concern for children killed in abortion or put into the serious disadvantage of being raised without a father. Why can't we be concerned about both?

When it comes to sexual behavior, no one has suggested changing laws, but changing attitudes.

And you think the fed government, now already trillions and trillions in debt, is going to start giving psychiatric treatment to millions of women and men for years at a time? Wake up, Tal, Stop drinking the kool aid. It's time to change our culture.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That's the way to hold your moral ground, Miss Conservative WG!! Yes indeed. Life was not perfect, so women should go out immediately and get pregnant. That will solve the problem for sure.
    No, life is not perfect, so teen girls and adult women go out looking for the love that they're not getting at home from parents or spouses. Because the male realizes this, he offers his brand of "love" as he unzips his pants. Too often, a pregnancy results.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 10:17 AM
    Obama care gives them the mental emotional and physical care they need and would change the culture and help people be responsible productive citizens, through health and education and continue to bring those abortion numbers down as they have been falling, especially teen pregnancy and abortions. I should have known you couldn't see the coorelation between what I presented and the discussion we are having, and can only suggest you try some of my Kool-Aid.

Changing the culture by force through stupid a$$ cruel laws never works bud! Makes more enemies than converts.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2019, 11:58 AM
    No, life is not perfect, so teen girls and adult women go out looking for the love that they're not getting at home from parents or spouses. Because the male realizes this, he offers his brand of "love" as he unzips his pants. Too often, a pregnancy results.
    It's interesting to me that you manage to frame this so that all of the blame falls on the man and none on the woman, but even at that, what is your solution?

Obama care gives them the mental emotional and physical care they need
    Yeah. Right. That is flatly untrue, but even if it was true, do you think that someone manages to plant money trees in the capital to pay for all of that?

and would change the culture
    Obamacare has been changing the culture??? Stop drinking that stuff!

continue to bring those abortion numbers down as they have been falling, especially teen pregnancy and abortions.
    OCare is responsible for none of that.

I should have known you couldn't see the coorelation between what I presented and the discussion we are having
    , There is no correlation.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 12:09 PM
    What are you conservatives proposing to replace it with like you and the dufus promised after working so hard for almost a decade to repeal it, while the dufus isn't defending it at the SCOTUS level.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2019, 12:15 PM
    I would propose the government get out of the healthcare business. I would also propose we begin, as a nation, to look hard at why health care costs are skyrocketing which is the real problem we face.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I would propose the government get out of the healthcare business. I would also propose we begin, as a nation, to look hard at why health care costs are skyrocketing which is the real problem we face.
    Last year I survived severe anemia. Once a hematologist got it under control with several blood transfusions, I developed DVT resulting in several blood clots in my right calf. I was given a medication to take daily. The cost of the meds was over $1,500 a month. Big Pharma at its biggest. Am so glad I have good health insurance!
    Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 12:52 PM
    There aren't in the health care business. They do regulate it as they do any business, and make it affordable for the poor. You seem to want to do away with anything that benefits the poor. It save taxpayers money, so what's the problem? Everybody's health care and everything else has been increasing so why is that?

I take it you have no replacement ideas and no clues about what to do with the 20 million or so who depend on insurance for their health issues, like we all do. I hate to be a poor diabetic in your country. Or have cancer. So while you ponder why should people suffer as they did before Obama Care.? Kind of cruel of you.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2019, 03:02 PM
    Last year I survived severe anemia. Once a hematologist got it under control with several blood transfusions, I developed DVT resulting in several blood clots in my right calf. I was given a medication to take daily. The cost of the meds was over $1,500 a month. Big Pharma at its biggest. Am so glad I have good health insurance!
    We need to figure out why so many script drugs are so expensive.
    Expert

Jul 15, 2019, 12:31 PM
    That's easy, Big Pharma sets the prices and the goal is to make big bucks. The same goes for the insurance company hospitals and doctors. Mo;Money is the American way and you don't get rich without it.
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2019, 04:28 PM
    That's easy, Big Pharma sets the prices and the goal is to make big bucks. The same goes for the insurance company hospitals and doctors. Mo;Money is the American way and you don't get rich without it.
    Competition in pricing is supposed to be the answer to that. How to get that to work in medicine is tough.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2019, 01:02 AM
    There is also another factor involved also, a common one. Companies collude with each other. Competing is expensive, and when two or more giants of equal strength want to avoid a costly fight, they cooperate. Pretty much like two countries with the ability to destroy one another, but have to destroy themselves in the process. Much more profitable to agree on boundaries and territories.

Gangs in big cities do it too.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2019, 04:31 AM
    Companies collude with each other.
    It might happen, but it's against the law so the answer to that would be to enforce the law.

I don't think that's as big a problem as you think. The big problem is that when a company develops a new drug, they get rights to that drug for a long time, many years. So there is no competition until that period of time runs out, and then the generics kick in and the price falls off a cliff. I don't know the answer to that. I do think we need to do something to reduce the development costs of drugs because it is a long, expensive process, but I don't know what that something would be.

It's a national conversation we need to have.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2019, 05:01 AM
    Big Biz has many resources to skirt laws and even write them in their favor, and as long as they have that kind of influence they will do whatever they have to do to keep the dough rolling in. Private planes and politicians ain't cheap. I think without a doubt THAT"S the biggest problem.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2019, 05:09 AM
    Private planes and politicians ain't cheap. I think without a doubt THAT"S the biggest problem.
    It's a contributing factor with both parties and always has been.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2019, 05:57 AM
    Absolutely and once that dynamic relationship changes we have a chance at bending the cost curb dow, or slowing the rate of growth. It's not going to happen if capatalists have all the good cards to play, because the will, and do.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2019, 08:20 AM
    Then how do you explain the incredible drops in prices (taking inflation into account) and astonishing increase in quality of things like calculators, computers, cars, motorcycles, and televisions, just to name a few? The gov had nothing to do it. It was the amazing competition produced by a free enterprise, capitalist system. That is what we lack in medical care.

I guess it's similar to a fast food environment in which only McDonald's sells hamburgers, only Wendy's sells milkshakes, only Burger King sells french fries, and only Taco Bell sells Tacos. You can be sure that all of those products would cost a great deal more than they do. Why? No competitive pricing.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2019, 08:58 AM
    Okay smart guy, you tell me why health care is so expensive and why the capitalist market hasn't solved that and why the price goes up and up and up where only the rich can afford it and the poor go without!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Here's a doozie for you [ 7 Answers ]

I am 29 yrs old I was married at 16 I have never had intercourse with anyone but my husband and I want to know what its like to be with other men what should I do

Is he really sorry or is he a liar? [ 4 Answers ]

Some ex. Sooo he basically screwed me over and lied right to my face and cheated on me all right? You know the deal. He then tried to get back together with me, said he was SO sorry blah blah blah. You know. I said hell no! And he got with one of my team mates on my volleyball team. Now,...

Liar, liar pants on fire [ 0 Answers ]

Hello: People lie. But, do you think people lie after they've sworn an oath to tell the truth? Some will - some won't. But how many? Take my poll. I wonder who's more cynical or naïve than I am. Vote once, and it's NOT private. We're going to find out who's cynical and who's not. ...

The right wing. The Constitution. Small government. LIAR, LIAR pants on fire. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: You know how the wingers SAY they want small government, all the while supporting our record as the worlds largest jailer... Yup, we even have more convicts than those miserable, civil rights hating tyrants, the Chinese, whose population is FIVE times greater than ours.. But, I...

I'm a liar [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem lying. Not just to my friends and co-workers, but to my family and to my husband. I chose to have emotional relationships with men at my work against my husbands wishes, and did so for months. He had already confronted me once about a phone call he saw, but I continued...

View more questions Search