Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 06:15 AM
    We don't deny the cages, which sure look cleaner and more sanitary than the dufus cages wouldn't you say?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dhs-k...b01b834738b4b9

I hate having to go back and edit every freaking link I paste!!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2019, 06:29 AM
    We don't deny the cages, which sure look cleaner and more sanitary than the dufus cages wouldn't you say?
    So that's the answer? "Yes, Obama also had cages, but his seemed to be cleaner and more sanitary." That's very reassuring. Well, at least you are admitting he had them. Honestly, the cages are simply detention areas that have been thrown up by people who were suddenly hit with unanticipated numbers of illegals. I imagine they are doing the best they can. I would think there have been some unfortunate lapses of judgement, but on the whole the people are being treated in an acceptable manner. They are fed and housed in what seems to be a safe environment and on a temporary basis. Just look at the smiling faces in your pictures. They sure didn't look unhappy to me.

At least you have figured out the copy/paste deal. You're ahead of me.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 06:58 AM
    And the slaves were happy being slaves because they sang in the feilds. Come on man. Obama did away with the cages and found a better way than packing people in cages like nasty sardines but the dufus brought back that failed policy. If that's all the humane we can expect it's hard to give him any credit for an overwhelming situation. His F stands in my book handling this and other situations until he does better. MUCH better I may add.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2019, 07:25 AM
    Obama did away with the cages and found a better way
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obam...ry?id=41715661
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 07:48 AM
    You'd think you guys would have appreciated that.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2019, 08:01 AM
    Just because they aren't being put up in the Hilton doesn't mean they are not being handled in an acceptable manner. The smiles on their faces tends to work against your narrative that their situation is miserable.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2019, 08:57 AM
    You'd think you guys would have appreciated that.
    I do . Wish Trump would do more deportations . He said he would ;but in the interest of 'bipartisanship' ,he backed off . That was a mistake .As you know ;the Dems have no intention to cooperate at the border .
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Just because they aren't being put up in the Hilton doesn't mean they are not being handled in an acceptable manner. The smiles on their faces tends to work against your narrative that their situation is miserable.
    You've said that twice now, but the slaves were happy being slaves because they sang in the fields? Come on man. Maybe the dufus should put them up in a luxury hotel of his and make Mexico pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    As you know ;the Dems have no intention to cooperate at the border .
    I wouldn't cooperate with the dufus or duficans on anything either. Just past history redux.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2019, 12:43 PM
    You've said that twice now, but the slaves were happy being slaves because they sang in the fields? Come on man. Maybe the dufus should put them up in a luxury hotel of his and make Mexico pay for it.

These people are not slaves and they are not singing in the fields. They are smiling in pictures that you posted supposedly showing their terrible living conditions. Most people in misery don't smile for pictures.

I think making Mexico pay for it is a great idea.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 01:48 PM
    Geez JL, so we should just ignore the dufus IG report that flagged the detention facilities as lousy places months ago?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/1660455001/

Here's the report

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/defaul...-51-Jul19_.pdf
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2019, 04:08 PM
    I read through the report. Sounds like overcrowding as a result of a large influx of illegals. Other than complaints such as not having access regularly to showers, having to eat sandwiches rather than hot meals, or not having sufficient access to clean clothes, they all seemed to be safe and fed. It is a short term discomfort, unfortunate but far from lethal. There are no allegations of sexual or physical assaults as was alleged on this board a week ago. No allegations of people eating frozen food. I'm certain the democrats in Congress will rapidly move to expand funding to alleviate these problems.

I hope you read the response from CBP and ICE at the end of the report. I wish I could copy and paste sections but it won't allow it for some reason. Probably a Russian plot.
    Expert

Jul 10, 2019, 06:58 AM
    There have been allegations of sexual abuse even though it's not in the report, as well as the mistreatment of migrants and other incidents of cruelty. Matter of fact, new allegations have surfaced in another detention camp in Arizona, so we just have to see how that pans out. I can agree that the current situation has been caused by the increase in migrants but the dufus has been hollering they were coming long enough to be not only better prepared, but expecting it, seeing as this is a typical yearly seasonal occurrence going back decades. The trend has also been to see decreased migration patterns as the summer gets going.

If the trends hold that will ease the current situation if the dufus gets on with a timely humane process. I find it telling, cruel, and sad, the situation was allowed to get where it is, resources not appropriated in a timely or orderly fashion, and is being politicized the way it is. Another F for the Dufus's handling of the whole thing.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2019, 08:59 AM
    If the trends hold that will ease the current situation if the dufus gets on with a timely humane process. I find it telling, cruel, and sad, the situation was allowed to get where it is, resources not appropriated in a timely or orderly fashion, and is being politicized the way it is. Another F for the Dufus's handling of the whole thing.
    In the meantime, dozens of homicides occur every week in liberal, democrat strongholds. No one cares. No one protests Now if an illegal immigrant has to eat a sandwich in place of a hot meal, or if they have to wear the same clothes for a week, then we need to raise heck about that.

I think you live in a strange world. I suspect that if this was occurring under Obama, you'd be OK with it. And, of course, it did, in fact, occur with Obama as the pics prove.
    Expert

Jul 10, 2019, 09:35 AM
    You don't care about homicides in dem strong holes either. No more than you care about the allegations and charges of abuse neglect and crimes in government detention centers. Nor about the VA backlog, or the suicide crisis and neither do you care about the abuse of minorities in your own back yard choosing incarceration over evaluation and blaming the DOJ for calling you on it.

I live in a strange world? I guess I do since yours seems quite bizarre to me.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2019, 10:41 AM
    You don't care about homicides in dem strong holes either.
    Strange that I'm the only one who brings it up, isn't it?

No more than you care about the allegations and charges of abuse neglect and crimes in government detention centers. Nor about the VA backlog, or the suicide crisis and neither do you care about the abuse of minorities in your own back yard choosing incarceration over evaluation and blaming the DOJ for calling you on it.
    And again, it would not be talked about on this board at all if I didn't bring it up. The VA backlog is an Obama scandal that, since it doesn't involve Trump, you just seem to choose to ignore.

My point, of course, is that most of us practice some selective outrage. I don't put anyone on this board on the high moral pedestal because they claim to be concerned about the southern border. Maybe we should have some non-partisan discussions about what should actually be done to solve these problems.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2019, 11:46 AM
    Tal, have you noticed that it seems to have come down to the two of us trying to uphold the conversations about important national matters? I think we should get a medal of some sort.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2019, 12:33 PM
    Maybe we should have some non-partisan discussions about what should actually be done to solve these problems.
    What a concept! Maybe I'd return.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2019, 01:10 PM
    Maybe I'd return.
    One can only hope.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2019, 03:46 PM
    Bipartisanship, you will be proposing concensus next
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2019, 04:51 PM
    Nonpartisan, not bipartisan. Not the same thing, but I would hope we would be able to come up with some common sense proposals supported by both parties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search