Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2019, 07:56 PM
    Big Bizz and special interests react really quickly to changes in the law and have the advantage of lawyers, accountants, and lobbyists here Clete, and lawmakers and the public don't always have the heart or skills to keep up to that. Some lawmakers NEED those special interest dollars just to get elected. I know, corruption has great potential. We call that DARK money and its very abundant! It's taken over the whole freaking country, and those interests are embodied by our current prez that makes everything a financial transaction, driven by the reality show and spin. RATINGS!

Yeah so we do need the legislation that reigns all that reality TV crap in and regulates the ever changing technical world we live in. If your life is built on laws, we do need lawmakers that can keep up with the BS and corruption and dark money and tricks and traps of the greedy takers, like dufus and Moscow Mitch and the rest of the greedy sycophants...elected, appointed, or just GREEDY! What! You cannot imagine a class of citizens that are above the law? We got it all and more in AMERICA, home of the free and brave as long as you can afford it!

Now that's reality, the real deal. Please no smart cracks about how you have built a better country beyond the BS! It just hasn't dawned on you yet. To think I was looking for a nice home in New Zealand.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2019, 11:01 PM
    I know, corruption has great potential. We call that DARK money and its very abundant! It's taken over the whole freaking country,
    Tal I know your country is corrupt, it starts at the top and with trickle down economics it goes all the way to somewhere near the bottom. Probably doesn't get to the bottom 50%, they have other ways of feeding from the trough
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2019, 05:06 AM
    but noone needs more legislation, everywhere you go we are buried under it,
    Agree completely. We need less legislation and less big government.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2019, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Agree completely. We need less legislation and less big government.
    Tell it to liberals who would see you sink under legislation
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2019, 06:45 AM
    Tell it to liberals who would see you sink under legislation
    And that can be extended to the federal tax code which is ridiculously large and complicated.
    Expert

Jul 28, 2019, 08:18 AM
    I thought the dufus and Mnuchin fixed the tax code when he gave the rich guys a raise? I thought he was going to fix the deficit too! What has he really done besides deregulate so his rich friends can extract more profit? The repub legislature sure hasn't written or passed any laws so who is doing the legislating in America?

It's a no brainer, the rich guys that the dufus gave the money to and increased the debt doing it. Just ask Moscow Mitch who wants a SANCTIONED Russian company to come to his state and employ American workers to benefit foreign oligarchs. That's not corruption?
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2019, 11:54 AM
    I thought he was going to fix the deficit too!
    So did I, but instead he has copied his predecessor.

What has he really done besides deregulate so his rich friends can extract more profit?
    OK. This must be a trick question. The answer is, "Give us the best economy we have had in decades." Does that work?? Sometimes you make this wayyyyy too easy.

The repub legislature sure hasn't written or passed any laws so who is doing the legislating in America?
    You do realize the House is controlled by the dems, so you are really saying that the liberal dems have not passed or written any laws.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2019, 01:34 PM
    after 2010 the emperor ruled by decree . I personally like it when Congress is not writing and passing new laws. If it were up to me ;for every law and regulation passed there would be 10 eliminated . Trump's deregulations are his greatest acheivements so far . Now of course he blew it with the budget deal . But truth be told ;it's been years since the Republicans cared about the out of control debt . The swamp did a quick coupe de gras on the TeaParty movement which was in itself a last gasp effort to control the out of control Federal Government .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2019, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Trump's deregulations are his greatest acheivements so far .

Get real. His deregulation serves only to further concentrate the wealth - a sure sign of the continual destruction of any society. Every superior mind in history has warned of this very thing since Plato. (Jesus, too).

As capitalism tends to concentrate assets, it needs more and more regulation to prevent that from happening. Economics 101.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2019, 03:22 PM
    His deregulation serves only to further concentrate the wealth - a sure sign of the continual destruction of any society. Every superior mind in history has warned of this very thing since Plato. (Jesus, too).
    I am not aware that Jesus even mentioned capitalism. What warning are you referring to?
    Expert

Jul 28, 2019, 03:36 PM
    Okay, I'll bite! Exactly what deregulations have been done? Where's the list? I've been asking for years about which regulations were so onerous, and no answer, but suspect it helps rich people make money, or lowers obligations and accountability when they screw up. So you tell me about those regulations so we can see if that's just another capitalists lie, like rich guy taxes are too high!

While your at it whose idea is it to hold a global economic meeting at a dufus property? Isn't there a regulation against that?

after 2010 the emperor ruled by decree . I personally like it when Congress is not writing and passing new laws. If it were up to me ;for every law and regulation passed there would be 10 eliminated . Trump's deregulations are his greatest acheivements so far . Now of course he blew it with the budget deal . But truth be told ;it's been years since the Republicans cared about the out of control debt . The swamp did a quick coupe de gras on the TeaParty movement which was in itself a last gasp effort to control the out of control Federal Government

I see your point Tom, and it's a good one, but I also know you believe in unfettered capitalism. I also know you hate bailouts so let 'em fail when they screw up! I kind of wish we had, except for the workers with no job getting screwed the most.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search