Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2019, 10:05 AM
    how to draw a single candlestick in excel
    sir,
    I have enclosed a sample data in excel sheet.
    I want to draw a single candle stick for the data in each of the row (open, High, Low Close)
    Additionally, it is preferred that the candle stick may be drawn on clicking the last cell adjacent to the data of each row f2 to f6 (cell colored green)
    vks1964
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls draw candle from data.xls (673.5 KB, 23 views)
    doshikaran71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 8, 2019, 03:23 AM
    Candlestick chart is a style of bar-chart used primarily to describe price movements of a security, derivative, or currency over time. This chart type is often used in combination with the volume bars chart for technical analysis of stock and foreign exchange patterns.
    Candlestick chart Excel 2016
    To create a Candlestick chart in Excel 2016, do the following:

1. Depending on the type of stock chart you want to create, you must include a specific combination of data series in your worksheet - and put the data series in order:

High-Low-Close:
    High price
    Low price
    Closing price
    Open-High-Low-Close:
    Opening price
    High price
    Low price
    Closing price
    Volume-High-Low-Close:
    Volume traded
    High price
    Low price
    Closing price
    Volume-Open-High-Low-Close:
    Volume traded
    Opening price
    High price
    Low price
    Closing price
    2. Select the data range (in this example C6:G27, the data from Google Finance):

Candlestick chart data Excel 2016
    3. On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, choose the Waterfall or Stock Chart button and then select the Stock group:

Charts group Excel 2016
    Choose Volume-Open-High-Low-Close: Stock chart group Excel 2016

4. Right-click in the chart area, in the popup menu select Select Data...:

Select data popup menu
    5. In the Select Data Source dialog box, in the Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels group, click the Edit button:

Select Data Source in Excel 2016
    6. In the Axis Labels dialog box, select the data range (in this example B6:B27):

Data range in Excel 2016
    7. Click OK twice.

8. Right-click one of the years along the category axis. In the popup menu select Format Axis... to open the Format Axis on the Format task pane. On the Axis Options tab:

In the Axis Type group, select the option Text axis:
    Text Format in Excel 2016
    In the Number group, choose Custom in the Category field and then change the field Format Code (in example to show only days) and click the Add button:
    Add Format Code in Excel 2016

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was asked to draw (S)-5-heptyn-3amine I know how to draw it, but , what does the [ 1 Answers ]

I was asked to draw (S)-5-heptyn-3amine I know how to draw it, but , what does the (S), means!

Candlestick Telephone [ 2 Answers ]

I need information on the candlestick telephone. This includes inventor(s), types, function, materials, misconceptions, and any other information relevant to the subject. Please cite your sources as these are very important. I have not been able to locate any information specifically related...

How to DRAW line in MS Excel? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a twain of questions or queries regarding MS EXCEL and they are as follows - 1) I am a beginner in EXCEL and have been using it since long, and today when I was trying to make a list by entering data, I faced the piquent problem when I got the print out as it I mean the print out did not...

Excel - draw confidence bands [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I am a new comer and am glad to meet you all. I am a beginner in Excel. I am searching answer on the following problem. I have some data and I have plotted a trendline using the regression built-in function of excel. There is output data for 95% confidence - both upper and...

View more questions Search