Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheComet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2019, 06:29 AM
    Cookies
    I always get a message that ask me to accept "cookies". I never use to get this message. What are "cookies" and is it ok to "agree"
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2019, 11:40 AM
    There is no correct answer to this question. Most websites use cookies to keep track of things like when you last visited the page, what clicks you may have made on that page etc. They are generally safe.

Many people opt out of this behavior, many people didn't even know it existed until a change in legislation in the EU. Many sites are now required to notify you of cookies and tracking, this all these notifications. If you trust the site or use it regularly, you can probably accept, if it seems fishy or you're only stopping by, it won't hurt to decline or ignore.

Also note that you can delete cookies from your system through your browser, using ccleaner, or manually.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cookies [ 2 Answers ]

Making cookies and need to know , my cookie recipe calls for a cup of butter and I have unsalted butter do I need to add salt to this recipe to make up for the salt that's not in my butter? Also how much thank you

Bar cookies [ 15 Answers ]

I've been "assigned" to make cookies for 40 people (and, no, I didn't know that many people were invited) this coming weekend. I figure 3 cookies per person - no way. Does anyone have a good bar cookie recipe? Last night I tried one off the Internet for chocolate chip bar cookies and it's...

Cookies [ 1 Answers ]

Does Cookies slow your computer down? Do I need to delete cookies and if so can someone please tell me how?

Cookies! [ 1 Answers ]

Im not sure if it's the right place to ask this, but, how can I delete cookies from by browser?

Where's the cookies ? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to log into my pay pal account for the first time. It says my browser has to accept cookies?? Can somebody let me know... where are the cookies? I thought it was a bad thing to allow. Many thanks :)

View more questions Search