Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2019, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    We're all winning with the Trump economy.
    Really, define ALL!. Once again your view is one eyed
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2019, 07:02 PM
    Of course he speaks for everyone, or just himself. Can't tell which. I know he doesn't speak for ME!
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2019, 07:41 PM
    Yes a limited perception
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2019, 08:14 PM
    Record low unemployment, stock market at all time high, and highest average income on record sounds pretty good to me. If Obama had done that, you'd be singing his praises. Politics. Just stinkin politics. Sad in this whole deal where bitterness or whatever it is will not allow people to give credit where it is due.

In the meantime, AOC is now at the forefront of democratic economic ideas. Oh brother.
    Expert

Jul 13, 2019, 02:25 AM
    Record low unemployment, stock market at all time high, and highest average income on record sounds pretty good to me. If Obama had done that, you'd be singing his praises. Politics. Just stinkin politics. Sad in this whole deal where bitterness or whatever it is will not allow people to give credit where it is due.

In the meantime, AOC is now at the forefront of democratic economic ideas. Oh brother.
    How many points did Obama add to the stock market? What was the stock market doing when he took over? What was the unemployment when he started? When he left? Just like the dufus started his business with a healthy inheritance, so he started his presidency with a healthy economy. Of course you and the dufus give him no credit, and take it all for yourselves, that's hardly accurate. Just as the right wing tries to cast AOC as the voice of the dem party. Are those just your politics, or propping up the lies of a cheating dufus?

Don't forget the brelly and galoshes when you go out. A good soaking is a coming.
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2019, 05:37 AM
    How many points did Obama add to the stock market? What was the stock market doing when he took over? What was the unemployment when he started? When he left?
    That's a fair enough statement as long as you take into account the 9 trillion of national debt Obama added. But it's interesting to me how quickly you love to give Obama credit while, at the same time, refusing to give Trump any credit at all. Stinkin politics. That's all it is. Bitterness.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2019, 05:51 AM

when I asked you to define ALL you answered with the narrow perception I expected, the narrow american point of view, however in other parts of the world these policies you laud have done damage, but you can laugh that off because you have some extra money
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2019, 05:56 AM
    when I asked you to define ALL you answered with the narrow perception I expected, the narrow american point of view, however in other parts of the world these policies you laud have done damage, but you can laugh that off because you have some extra money
    Since Trump is the president of the United States, I guess I thought it would be blindingly obvious that I was referring to the American people. That is his first and great priority.

What damage to the rest of the world are you referring to? I find that to be a curious comment coming from the guy who advocated that we adopt a policy of impoverishing Mexico.
    Expert

Jul 13, 2019, 08:43 AM
    That's a fair enough statement as long as you take into account the 9 trillion of national debt Obama added. But it's interesting to me how quickly you love to give Obama credit while, at the same time, refusing to give Trump any credit at all. Stinkin politics. That's all it is. Bitterness.
    Make sure you add the Bush Wars into that deficit since he brought that from under the table to the light. Between you and the dufus he has all the credit he needs that he doesn't deserve. LOL at the rate he burns through money he will surpass that 9 trillion especially if you hold your nose and vote him back in. Wonder what you will do then?
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2019, 08:55 AM
    LOL at the rate he burns through money he will surpass that 9 trillion
    Actually, he won't come close, but his deficit spending should concern everyone. Of course the people who sat by quietly, practically worshiping every move Obama made, are not in a position now to complain without appearing to be enormous hypocrites.

Consistency of belief should be apparent. I was opposed to Obama's deficit spending, and I am opposed to Trump's. I was opposed to Obama's wholehearted support of abortion, and if Trump ever goes in that direction, I will not vote for him under any circumstances. Consistency. You ought to give it a try.

especially if you hold your nose and vote him back in. Wonder what you will do then?
    If the dems nominate another titanic loser like HC, then I will once again have no choice. It's like making a choice between having a cold or having cancer. It's so easy a child can do it.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 05:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    No we don't but can generate a few bucks and why are you surprised that capitalist have policies to get money from other people?
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2019, 05:11 AM
    capitalist have policies to get money from other people?
    Everyone has that policy. Everyone who has a job is trying to get money from someone else in exchange for his labor, skill, knowledge, or whatever. I feel very certain you did that. It has nothing to do with capitalism.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 05:12 AM
    Actually, he won't come close, but his deficit spending should concern everyone. Of course the people who sat by quietly, practically worshiping every move Obama made, are not in a position now to complain without appearing to be enormous hypocrites.
    Let's see, almost 4 trillion in 3 years so far, hmm and h
    e's already at the debt limit, and if it's not raised or cuts made, we go broke! DEFAULT! Another shut down?

Consistency of belief should be apparent. I was opposed to Obama's deficit spending, and I am opposed to Trump's. I was opposed to Obama's wholehearted support of abortion, and if Trump ever goes in that direction, I will not vote for him under any circumstances. Consistency. You ought to give it a try.
    I've been pretty consistent, but not so entrenched I cannot learn and apply new data as it registers. Yes your consistent too so entrenched in your beliefs you dismiss new data so it doesn't register. You could try being more open to different ideas.

If the dems nominate another titanic loser like HC, then I will once again have no choice. It's like making a choice between having a cold or having cancer. It's so easy a child can do it.
    Could have went either way in 2016, you won, but get no bragging rights for electing your loser. No I won't vote for your loser.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2019, 05:34 AM
    Let's see, almost 4 trillion in 3 years so far, hmm and he's already at the debt limit, and if it's not raised or cuts made, we go broke! DEFAULT! Another shut down?
    I stand corrected. It's worse than I thought. Sometimes I wonder why I vote republican. Of course it's a shame you didn't have this same attitude when Obama was in office.

I hope to some day join a great movement of people who say we will not vote for a person who does not commit to a balanced budget from day one. As to a government shut down, I'm all for it. Better we shut it down in a temporary fashion instead of what lies ahead in the future.

No I won't vote for your loser.
    No, you'll vote for an even bigger loser like Biden or Madam Pocahontas.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 06:13 AM
    YEP, or any other democrat. I don't like deficits either but I didn't really like the way Clinton balanced the budget, nor foreseee anyone repeating his effort. He had the advantage of relative peace in the world, but I sight King Reagan's example repeatedly, cut taxes and raise them when neccesary incrementally with a cooperating congress. Man that kind of creative flexibility was really impressive and he deserves credit as did the congress he had. Unfortunately for Obama, he didn't have such a congress, a fall out of the raucous rise of the T Party movement. It was subverted and diluted by repubs regaining power with no inkling of interest of reaching consensus in a bi partisan way, and thwarted every opportunity that came along. Immigration being the chief example off hand. The dufus got that play down pat with the budget deal that included wall money that he canned for whatever reason.

The dufus may be great for you your way or no way right leaners and stumblers, you like hollering bluster blaming and naming but I prefer pragmatism and discussion actually and all the dems running have that. As to debts and deficits nothing wrong with them if they are managed and planned for. Stuff happens in my house and it's needed but you have to have a plan to pay for it and sorry that trickle down from the top is not the way to go without adding a solid revenue stream because the cost of the debt adds more debt, not less, and supply side economics is to dependent on enough growth to pay for it which we have never seen ever. So nice theory, but a lot harder to achieve in the long run to be viable.

Matter of fact, it is a budget killer in the short term. Just my take on it.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2019, 06:48 AM
    you like hollering bluster blaming and naming
    You mean like you do?

but I prefer pragmatism and discussion actually and all the dems running have that.
    You mean the plan to spend 90 trillion in 20 years to get rid of airplanes and rebuild every building in America?

As to debts and deficits nothing wrong with them if they are managed and planned for.
    Well, if you think our 23 tril in debt has been planned for and managed, you are living in a bigger fantasy world than I thought. It amounts to about 180 thousand for every taxpayer.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2019, 07:03 AM
    You mean like you do?
    I can hang and bang with the best when its called for, but I am a quiet kind of guy naturally. The dufus brings out the fire in me. So do YOU sometimes.

You mean the plan to spend 90 trillion in 20 years to get rid of airplanes and rebuild every building in America?
    She ain't running so what's your problem. Remember what I say about life and BS as applied to you! Go ahead get me fired up! 8)

Well, if you think our 23 tril in debt has been planned for and managed, you are living in a bigger fantasy world than I thought. It amounts to about 180 thousand for every taxpayer.
    Never said that! Deficit tax cuts are legalized STEALING with no ROI in site. I'm sure I said that before.
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2019, 07:17 AM
    Mr. Obama's description of what constitutes legal asylum.

https://youtu.be/ItXY1l-yB2M
    Expert

Jul 18, 2019, 09:53 AM
    The last I looked the US and Canada was still hammering out an agreement for asylum and I would imagine a treaty agreement with our southern country neighbors would also be required.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2019, 03:15 PM
    Mr. Obama's description of what constitutes legal asylum.

https://youtu.be/ItXY1l-yB2M
    Yes the narrow view, stay where you are and wait. Strange, that with such a fair system, millions throughout the world keep leaving their country of origin. Every liberal minded nation should adopt this policy however there are few nations who take refugees voluntarily. Why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Trump the new utopian leftist big government dreamer . [ 17 Answers ]

Remember how we mocked the lofty utopian rhetoric of the emperor ...his victory was 'the moment history would record the oceans would recede' ????? Well add herr Donald to the list of dreamers . His inauguration speech was chock full of expectations . Trump will bring back our jobs,bring back...

Your government at work [ 5 Answers ]

On March 22, the Compost reported that federal workers in an underground cave are still processing retirement papers by hand. Inside a Pennsylvania limestone mine 230 feet below the earth, 600 employees of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) process retirement papers for government workers....

Government contracted work [ 5 Answers ]

I was hired by a union contractor to do some work out of state, out of town and out of the country, all these jobs were on the military base, a government contract. Am I supposed to get prevailing wage rate? I'm a comm and system installer, very experienced, based out of California. Do you know...

View more questions Search