Ask
    Jamila Bibi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2019, 11:00 PM
    Dependent personality
    I have a problem of dependency to my boyfriend , pleasee help
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2019, 08:01 AM
    Can you tell us WHY you have a dependency on your boyfriend? How old are you both and how long has he been your boyfriend? How did you meet and what was your life like before you became a couple? Is he your first boyfriend or something?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 21, 2019, 08:56 AM
    Along with answering Tal's questions, please give us a couple of examples of how you're dependent on him.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 21, 2019, 09:21 AM
    Recognizing that you're too dependent on your boyfriend can be a wakeup call and an excellent opportunity to work on your own personal growth and independence. It sounds like it's time to explore and develop your own interests and engage in some activities that excite and challenge you. If you have time, it could be useful to begin a new activity or class, cultivate friendships outside of your relationship with your boyfriend, and begin to reflect and meditate on ways to enhance your own personal fulfillment.

Try, the next time you realize you're depending on your bf instead of friends, yourself, to interrupt whatever typical action you'd take.
    Do something different instead!

Only if it seems excessive, such as you're isolating yourself from other close friendships, is dependency on a partner, a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have student visa with my dependent for UK, can my dependent work full time [ 1 Answers ]

I have student visa with my dependent for UK, can my dependent work full time?

Looks & Personality vs. Status & Personality [ 6 Answers ]

Men are attracted to their perception of physical beauty, mirrored somewhat by advertising. (Same for women). So if the nature of attraction is based on the positive emotional interest in another, due to (Initial / On-going) positive physical attraction value (perceived by the person or aided by...

Dependent filing with husband as dependent [ 1 Answers ]

I am from India temporarily working in US on a H1-B visa. My husband had visited me last years for around 2 months here. Otherwise he works in India. 1. Can I do a joint filing with him being my dependent since he was as good as a dependent while he was in US? 2. Also he isn't here presently...

Can you claim a dependent even if the dependent files [ 2 Answers ]

My son is twenty seven. He lived with us from Nov. 08 to July 09. He didn't have a job during those months. He found a job in Aug. 09 and worked until Dec.09. He got laid off. Will we be able to claim him as a dependent even if he files??

View more questions Search