Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2019, 01:02 PM
    He didn't. He inherited money that he carefully and frequently lost in business deals and business ventures
    According to your hero, Hillary, Trump started with about 14 million from his father. He is now worth well over a billion and likely several billion. Do you liberals ever deal with the truth??? So he started with 14 mil, lost money frequently, and ended up with more than a billion? That is some really strange math you're using. Maybe you are the one smoking something.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 7, 2019, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Trump started with about 14 million from his father. He is now worth well over a billion and likely several billion.
    That's because he doesn't pay people who've worked for him. And has cheated to get the rest. He would be worth far more if he were a decent businessman and investor. *cough* Trump steaks, Trump University, Trump tanspray
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2019, 02:05 PM
    J the left hates the wealthy and successful. Fortunes come and go . Recovering from a failure is a success .His critics are people too timid to invest in anything but maybe a home and tinker with the money in their company approved 401K plans. Even then when things go south they whine ,complain about the unfairness of it all ;and beg the government to bail them out . IF he did not pay his employees ;the word would spread and he would certainly not have nearly as many loyal employees as he's had . As for him making a profit from his brand …...what exactly is wrong with that ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 7, 2019, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    As for him making a profit from his brand …...what exactly is wrong with that ?
    Absolutely nothing. But most of them were abysmal failures.
    IF he did not pay his employees ;the word would spread and he would certainly not have nearly as many loyal employees as he's had .
    And he's not supposed to pay his employees so he can, instead, be rich???? Loyal employees? You apparently don't read their revelations.
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2019, 03:25 PM
    That's because he doesn't pay people who've worked for him. And has cheated to get the rest. He would be worth far more if he were a decent businessman and investor.
    Good grief. First you try to say he inherited his fortune and then lost much of it. When that is proven to be untrue, then you want to put forward different accusations. So tell me, what does he pay his people? Do you know? Not just some newspaper allegation, but genuine data of what he pays his employees. Do you know? And he would be worth far more if he were a decent businessman? He turns 14 million into billions. I'd say that is way past decent.

I'm surprised to see you so controlled by TDS. I don't like the guy. I would prefer someone else be pres, but to say he is not good at business is really laughable.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2019, 03:32 PM
    He lies so much I would prefer evidence of his worth and how he got it. Do you have that? If so bring it and stop repeating his version of things.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2019, 03:44 PM
    He's had thousands of employees .A CNNMoney analyst
    calculated at least 34,000 jobs attributable to Trump in his business dealings .

In 2015;According to PrivCo, the company CNNMoney used for the study ,the Trump Organization has 22,450 employees and brought in $9.5 billion in annual revenue. And that does not include the multiplier effect where
    there are other jobs that might not exist without Trump. NY State estimates that
    "leisure and hospitality" companies like Trump's hotels and resorts typically
    create 1.5 the number of employees Trump hires .
    Using that multiplier, CNNMoney calculated that he was responsible for about 34,000 jobs in 2015 .

A few of the employees have been disgruntled . It comes with the territory.

Social media gives them a forum. Nothing to see here . If you heard testimonial from a couple thousand it would be a big deal. All you've heard is testimonial from a few .
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2019, 07:02 PM
    Looks like evidence to me.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 03:09 AM
    It's a private organization and while you can speculate, there are no books on the company or tax returns in which to accurately evaluate his business practices or wealth. I'll just wait until al the investigations are over, and get REAL evidence. No disrespect to the followers of a proven liar cheater and shady dealer, but I remain a sceptic of the veracity of the dufus, and the capitalist agenda in general, and have said so over the years here before the dufus. That extends to everybody even Oprah as far as I'm concerned, because while nothing wrong with being rich, that trickle down job creator crap is what stops the whole economy from working for everybody just because it stops the circulation from reaching the least and extracts the wealth to the few, and gives the few the unfair power of devaluing the many for that purpose.

My evidence is reality, a chef is worth more than a teacher, your costs of living goes up, your wages do not. Some may not care about such disparities and don't care but I suppose you get what you pay for, and if you can't pay, you get nothing. To some that means you are NOTHING, no matter how hard you work, and that to me is just crap.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2019, 03:27 AM
    That extends to everybody even Oprah as far as I'm concerned, because while nothing wrong with being rich, that trickle down job creator crap is what stops the whole economy from working for everybody j
    She also has hired thousands of people . She also launched the career's of others like Dr Phil ,Dr Oz who likewise hire scores of people . Her philanthropy is too numerous to list . But I get your POV . You think the government would be much more efficient at confiscating and distributing the money she has made and earned through her hard work .
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 03:54 AM
    No I think Oprah is no better than Ms Morgan, the widow who gets up at 5am to catch the bus to where she works and starts at 8. for her job she has worked for the last 18 years. You know the other half of the population that has no retirement package or 401k who is a decent, hardworking, law abiding citizen whose bus ride and utilities keep going up with the groceries, but her wages have not kept pace.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2019, 04:51 AM
    No disrespect to the followers of a proven liar cheater and shady dealer, but I remain a sceptic of the veracity of the dufus,
    Uhm...the information came from CNN, not Trump. You ask for evidence, and then you just completely ignore it since it did not fit into your preconceived ideas.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 05:04 AM
    Really dude? I'm supposed to swallow what CNN or the companies they use present as evidence without fact checking? You do it your way, I will stick with my own process.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2019, 05:36 AM
    Really dude? I'm supposed to swallow what CNN or the companies they use present as evidence without fact checking? You do it your way, I will stick with my own process.
    That made me laugh for two reasons. First of all, if you have done your "fact checking", then present what you found. I suspect you have found nothing that would contradict what was presented, and that's assuming you have even looked.

Second, to think that CNN would present information intentionally favorable to Trump is about on the level of thinking we did not really land on the moon.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 06:08 AM
    Glad you're amused but I have presented the facts I have found over time. That's how I roll, though you dismiss them or fail to comprehend however I will wait for the investigations to be concluded, and there is still that Mueller Report, that despite the right wing spin, is damning as hell.

You cannot even, and have NEVER answered the question of which part of lying, cheating, dufus is factually incorrect. Please spare me the spin, dodge, and comparisons. If that's all you got, you got nothing.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2019, 06:18 AM
    Glad you're amused but I have presented the facts I have found over time
    You've presented facts and data about Trump's employment numbers??? Where?

You cannot even, and have NEVER answered the question of which part of lying, cheating, dufus is factually incorrect
    Kind of hard to answer such a convoluted question. I guess you are asking if I think Trump is given to lying. I would answer he is about as given to lying as Obama and Clinton were/are. And that is how you and I are different. I am perfectly willing to be critical of the guy I voted for. You insist on putting your people up on pedestals and practically worshiping them. If you are wanting to elect an honest man, then you will need to look at Ben Carson. He is about as honest as any major candidate I know of.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 07:04 AM
    He is a fish out of water as most of the dufus circle is and that includes his family in the WH doing the peoples work. I don't see how adding more critters to the swamp helps anything. Why should I go back to Obama when there is so much wrong with the dufus? LOL, you tepid comments on the dufus are nowhere near proof he hasn't been put on some pedestal by you and for the record Obama for all his faults is nowhere near the dufus in lies and incompetence.

To each his own. Right now you own the lies of your hero. Obama did the same thing indeed!
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2019, 07:28 AM
    You cannot even, and have NEVER answered the question of which part of lying, cheating, dufus is factually incorrect.
    When did you stop beating your wife ? Prove it
    Expert

Jul 8, 2019, 07:46 AM
    I can prove a lie, a cheat, and the dufus is a dufus. So can you. So can JL, heck even my wife can proe that.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2019, 08:04 AM
    I'll ask this again, but I suspect that I will not get an answer. You've presented facts and data about Trump's employment numbers??? Where?

for the record Obama for all his faults is nowhere near the dufus in lies and incompetence.
    When Trump's negligence leads to the deaths of four Americans, and then he lies about it repeatedly, I'll accept your statement. Until then the truth works against you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unearned rent had a credit balance on July 31 of 2,700, on July 31 the balance was a [ 1 Answers ]

Unearned Rent had a credit balance of 2,700 on July 1st, on July 31st the balance was 700, what is the adjusting Journal entry?

I suppose to see my period on the 10 of July and today is 22 of July. [ 0 Answers ]

But today I start to see dark brown coming out, it's was little, I'm a bit worry because I was happy bbefore I taught I'm pregnant. I'm sad.

No excitement [ 20 Answers ]

I don't think I'm depressed. However, everyday just gets more and more uninteresting. I am in college I have school work to do, I have games to play, I have plenty of time on my hands. It's just that nothing seems to get my attention anymore. If I buy a new video game feels like I've played it...

View more questions Search