Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ricka Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2019, 08:57 AM
    Convert hydraulic pump to motor
    Does anyone know if I can convert a vane-type hydraulic pump to a motor? I want to run a winch on a pickup truck off the steering pump. If it'll run, will it run both ways and will it transmit much power? It's a standard (though old) Gresen vane pump off a bearing press. Thank you.

Rick A
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2019, 05:13 PM
    Unless you have an Engineering degree and unrestricted access to a machine shop, I think you will find it cheaper and easier to just go buy a Warn winch (or a good tow chain).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hydraulic Elevator motor [ 4 Answers ]

What is meant by" intermittent 40% " in hydraulic elevator motor

Pump lost prime and overheated motor runs but does not pump is the pump fried [ 4 Answers ]

Over night the pump lost primed and melted the sched. 40 fittings I replaced all the fittings and cannot get pump to prime the motor runs is it possible that the propeller was damaged from the heat?//

What should I use to flush a hydraulic pump? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what I should use to flush the reservoir on a high pressure electric hydraulic pump?

Resolution of forces acting on pistons in case of radial piston type hydraulic motor [ 0 Answers ]

In hydraulic terms, formula for power (kW) of pump and motor of any type is kW = QP/600 (Efficiency ignored for simplicity) Where, Q = Oil flow rate (lit/min) P= Pressure (bar) In case of radial piston pump or motor of particular type in which pistons are...

View more questions Search