Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2019, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Truth is, Obama did it, so it must be OK. Yet another Obama loving excuse. It gets old.
    Like Trump, you hate Obama and misrepresent whatever he said or did. It gets old.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2019, 12:05 PM
    "misrepresent whatever he said or did. It gets old.
    How did I do that? I referenced what he did NOT do, not what he did.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2019, 12:08 PM
    How did I do that? I referenced what he did NOT do, not what he did.
    Think about it.
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2019, 12:11 PM
    Think about it.
    In other words, you don't have the slightest idea.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2019, 12:14 PM
    In other words, you don't have the slightest idea.
    Lol. There you go - back to the schoolyard comment again.

Again, think about it.
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2019, 12:18 PM
    If you don't know, and you don't, then just admit it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2019, 12:20 PM
    If you don't know, and you don't, then just admit it.
    You're not thinking about it, are you? Come on, 'fess up.
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2019, 12:26 PM
    Too juvenile.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 23, 2019, 10:08 PM
    We have tens of billions of dollars belonging to Iran, so we just go out and give it to them
    Not really just "give it to them". More like, on the sly, underhanded. nobody was suppose to know about Dat!

Obama giveth a good deal and Trump Taketh away. Give em a Taste (false hope) of the good life then take it away...that's the way the Duke would've done it! It might even work.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2019, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Not really just "give it to them". More like, on the sly, underhanded. nobody was suppose to know about Dat!

Obama giveth a good deal and Trump Taketh away. Give em a Taste (false hope) of the good life then take it away...that's the way the Duke would've done it! It might even work.

In what universe do you think the good life existed in Iran before or after the Obama deal. Returning someone's money is not giving them anything. They conceded they would take a particular course of action but Dlckhead Trump decided no international treaty was safe from renegotiation because of his superior deal skills, non existent, because no better deals have been struck anywhere.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2019, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Returning someone's money is not giving them anything. They conceded they would take a particular course of action but Dlckhead Trump decided no international treaty was safe from renegotiation because of his superior deal skills, non existent, because no better deals have been struck anywhere.
    A more basic reason is Trump's desire to reverse anything Obama did while president. Trump's understanding of the treaty is zero. Although Trump claims to be a genius, a better characterization of him is the one made by his former Secretary of State Tillerson as an "effin' moron".
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2019, 04:34 AM
    Returning someone's money is not giving them anything.
    There is no justification for giving billions of dollars to international outlaws. It's on the level of giving money to Hitler in 39 and using the excuse that it was, after all, the German's money, or returning money to the Soviets in the middle of the Cold War. We would have been well advised to hold the money until Iran completely disposed of their nuke program, and then give them back the money over a period of years, dependent on their good international behavior. Obama's liberal ineptitude was on full display with that deal.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2019, 06:55 AM
    There is no justification for giving billions of dollars to international outlaws. It's on the level of giving money to Hitler in 39 and using the excuse that it was, after all, the German's money, or returning money to the Soviets in the middle of the Cold War. We would have been well advised to hold the money until Iran completely disposed of their nuke program, and then give them back the money over a period of years, dependent on their good international behavior. Obama's liberal ineptitude was on full display with that deal.

You actually have no right to force Iran to do anything
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2019, 07:29 AM
    You actually have no right to force Iran to do anything
    I don't entirely agree with that, but even if I did, it would not excuse the U.S. participating in their mischief by sending money to them.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2019, 03:10 PM
    I don't entirely agree with that, but even if I did, it would not excuse the U.S. participating in their mischief by sending money to them.
    Alllowing them to access their money is not giving them anything
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2019, 03:26 PM
    The dufus is fighting everyone in the world practically both friend and foe and hasn't cut a deal yet. Nobody is coming to his side except his sideliners cheering him on here. Yeah I'm optimistic he will deliver or make things better (Sarcasm font lest you not understand). All this drama to make everybody forget what a dufus he is.

I mean what could be the purpose of all this public pablam and negotiating in front of a camera except to suck up all the TV time to promote himself in the middle of silly season. Seems before he moved the fleet and got his war plans he would make nice with the rest of the world community and gotten support instead of cowboy it alone. We don't get enough stuff ftom them to justify being the only force their so where is everybody else.

he just froze Iranian assets like they didn't learn a lesson from before about putting their money where we could get it. SHHEESH!
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2019, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The dufus is fighting everyone in the world practically both friend and foe and hasn't cut a deal yet. Nobody is coming to his side except his sideliners cheering him on here. Yeah I'm optimistic he will deliver or make things better (Sarcasm font lest you not understand). All this drama to make everybody forget what a dufus he is.

I mean what could be the purpose of all this public pablam and negotiating in front of a camera except to suck up all the TV time to promote himself in the middle of silly season. Seems before he moved the fleet and got his war plans he would make nice with the rest of the world community and gotten support instead of cowboy it alone. We don't get enough stuff ftom them to justify being the only force their so where is everybody else.

he just froze Iranian assets like they didn't learn a lesson from before about putting their money where we could get it. SHHEESH!
    It is all classic american rhetoric, sort of like an old cowboy movie, no marks for guessing who the dashing hero in the white hat is. We know how this ends, the cavalry arrives, the indians are annihilated, and the hero gets the girl. We are in the runaway horse phase at the moment while the outlaws plot
    Expert

Jun 24, 2019, 04:06 PM
    I couldn't have said it better. Now you know why you need so much popcorn for this made for TV politics. The dufus is a natural for the town boss running roughshod over the citizens. Or is he the horses a$$? Hard to tell sometimes.
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2019, 05:45 PM
    Alllowing them to access their money is not giving them anything
    It is beyond stupid to send money to tyrants. I don't care whose it is, if we give it to them, then we are participating in their crimes. It was Obama's greatest international gaffe, and now Trump is having to clean it up.
    Expert

Jun 24, 2019, 07:17 PM
    You mean that's worse than defending and selling guns to tyrant murderers of an American in Turkey? Whose cleaning up that mess? Or abusing migrant kids in El Paso? I guess defending Vlad on the global stage over our own intel community wasn't a very big gaff huh?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is the Gulf BP oil leak not plugged yet? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, all. I've thought about the BP oil spill more as of late and researched it a bit too. This is the situation: There is a team of about 30 or 40 knowledgeable BP and government techs and operational people receiving ideas from the public on how to plug the well. Due to the pressure of 10's...

Nato tankers attacked [ 12 Answers ]

Now I know this isn't news but there have been 6 incidents since Pakistan closed the border crossing so one has to think the insurgents are extraordinarily well informed far from their base, and have the ability to move around freely, or there is some fiddling going on at the edges. My theory is...

Persian Gulf Oil Spill [ 4 Answers ]

I'm doing a small report on the oil spill. The persian gulf oil spill. I've a few questions. What caused the spill? What was the effect? If anyone knows, please help. Thanks.

View more questions Search