Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 16, 2019, 10:17 AM
    A simple Google search blows that assumption out of the water completely, and there is still the example of John McCain exercising good behavior when he encountered the Steel Dossier. So you can parse and spin anyway you want, but candidates should report any and all outreach by foreign governments. That said and just my personal opinion, the dufus has no credibility for good judgement even though he is the prez. matter of fact, just the opposite is true, as well as a questionable basic honesty.

I would bet even the wingers take what he says with a grain of salt. So should you.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2019, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    A simple Google search {will show you that}, the dufus has no credibility for good judgement even though he is the prez. matter of fact, just the opposite is true, as well as a questionable basic honesty.

I would bet even the wingers take what he says with a grain of salt.

Supporting what Trump said in this or that instance is a "chasing of the wind" and "full of sound and fury signifying nothing".

The bozo has more than 10,000 DOCUMENTED examples of lying, misstatements, and half-truths. This week alone, he could not help himself when he repeatedly made unlawful comments and urged others to do the same. The man elected to uphold the law is a major lawbreaker himself. No wonder his lawyers told him never to testify. His ignorance of the law, integrity and decency is huge.

Everyone should watch the ABC interview tonight and how he threatens and lies right to the face of George S. When Trump called him a "little wise guy", George should have shot right back with "You're a damned liar!" Watch tonight at 8 EST.

Power and greed is all that drives him - a genuine worshiper of Mammon.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2019, 12:05 PM
    here is still the example of John McCain exercising good behavior when he encountered the Steel Dossier
    BS . McCain creamed in his pants at the chance to get Trump.
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2019, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

And boy, did he get him! Even posthumously!
    Expert

Jun 16, 2019, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Hmm, seems doing the right thing is a thorn in the dufus orange behind. Need more repubs like that in the senate. Maybe this election will deliver that relief to the American people. I'd be happy just getting rid of Mitch.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2019, 01:01 PM
    yeah I wouldn't mind a new Republican Senate Majority leader either . Maybe Jim Inhofe
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2019, 05:16 PM
    Get rid of all guns.Get rid of all guns.
    So you and your hubby have no guns in your house?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2019, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So you and your hubby have no guns in your house?
    If I ran the show, we wouldn't. He's a Trump fan and die-hard conservative. The first time it got pulled out (and I didn't know it was there), our young son was helping me change the sheets and asked me while waving it around, "Why does Daddy have this?" The second time, and only time in all our years together that my husband himself pulled it out from under his mattress (where it's sooooo handy), was when he almost shot our neighbor lady in the head.
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2019, 06:00 PM
    If you have no gun and someone breaks into your house, threatening your family, what do you do?
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 16, 2019, 06:03 PM
    Long ago I was at my friends house and he pulled out is Dads Gun. He pointed it at me and closed his eyes, then he pointed it at the floor and pulled the trigger, it fired a bullet through the floor. He was shocked and said if he hadn't learned (in rifle club) not to point a gun at people, he would have shot me. He never would have thought his Dad would keep a loaded gun in the house. Then we grabbed our pellet guns and went outside and had a pellet gun fight...Three pumps max, I always gave it a few extra pumps to gain range advantage...yah, yah that's it, Range advantage.

someone breaks into your house, threatening your family, what do you do?

Fido will protect us with his life. If Fido doesn't stop em Grandma will.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2019, 06:13 PM
    If you have no gun and someone breaks into your house, threatening your family, what do you do?
    I'd offer him/them coffee or tea and brownies or cookies, then chat with him/them.

No one has EVER broken into our house. We live in a very small starter home that now has become our retirement home. There ain't nuttin' in this house that anyone would want to steal. Plus, we have two attack cats.

Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    He pointed it at me and closed his eyes ... said if he hadn't learned (in rifle club) not to point a gun at people, he would have shot me.
    Sounds like the lesson he was taught in rifle club didn't take.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 16, 2019, 06:22 PM
    Sounds like the lesson he was taught in rifle club didn't take.
    Guess it comes and goes. Later that year he shot me in the foot while hunting wrabbits. But that was on purpose, he thought it was his pellet gun. A few months later I got him Back. I told him payback was a B*tch and tried shooting him in the foot, missed and got him in the knee. We're not friends anymore, we still go hunting together just so's we make sure we don't shoot each other by "accident".

This might have been the Story if the lesson didn't take.

I was never more happy that somebody was involved in the Rifle club!
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2019, 07:08 PM
    I'd offer him/them coffee or tea and brownies or cookies, then chat with him/them.

No one has EVER broken into our house. We live in a very small starter home that now has become our retirement home. There ain't nuttin' in this house that anyone would want to steal. Plus, we have two attack cats.
    Dreams and fantasies. The liberal world. Talked with a guy last week whose house had broken into four times in the past two years.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2019, 07:13 PM
    Dreams and fantasies. The liberal world. Talked with a guy last week whose house had broken into four times in the past two years.
    You shudda seen me chat in person and on the phone with weird library patrons. You'd have a lot more respect! Nothing liberal about it. CRT tv, CRT computer monitor, computer is at least 12 years old. Looking around for something valuable -- nada.

The homeowners apparently weren't good hosts. And they must have a lot of fancy stuff in that house. Nuttin' in my house. Move on to a ritzier suburb.
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2019, 05:38 AM
    The homeowners apparently weren't good hosts. And they must have a lot of fancy stuff in that house. Nuttin' in my house. Move on to a ritzier suburb.
    Not everything is intended to be treated in a careless, mocking fashion. There really are serious issues that need serious answers.
    Expert

Jun 17, 2019, 08:16 AM
    Even in the early days of the old west when a bad guy with a gun gets the drop on you, you're pretty helpless and could lose your gun, and life. I appreciate your honest at not having a solution for a huge complex problem but let me ask if your right to a gun become a bigger priority than stopping killers from killing innocent unarmed people? Loony's and criminals don't care about the law and it's no wonder that ordinary people with precious stuff to protect would want a gun as well as people who hunt and shoot for sport. Maybe a loon can buy a gun with a clean record, but he isn't a loon until he does loony stuff so we have a mess between legal and non legal and the fools in between.

I got no good answers either, other than banning guns or getting better cops for everywhere and everybody. Unfortunately there are enough bad cops to scare the hell out of most of the population, and even they have a few loons among them. You just can't tell anymore so lock your doors and keep the hardware handy.

Good Luck with that living in fear. No guns in my house, haven't hunted in decades so we got good locks. Scared for everybody else everywhere else. What a crap shoot with no end in sight. Sometimes you have to laugh, because crying doesn't do any good.
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2019, 08:34 AM
    I got no good answers either, other than banning guns or getting better cops for everywhere and everybody. Unfortunately there are enough bad cops to scare the hell out of most of the population, and even they have a few loons among them. You just can't tell anymore so lock your doors and keep the hardware handy.
    I agree with you. It's a tough problem to solve. A complete ban on gun ownership would do the job. I guess you could say it worked in the USSR and nazi Germany. It has worked in Zimbabwe and Venezuela, but people there are powerless to oppose corrupt and murderous governments, so they live in much greater fear than we do.

Good Luck with that living in fear. No guns in my house, haven't hunted in decades so we got good locks.
    If every homeowner owned a gun, knew how to use it, and was willing to use it, then that would stop a lot of needless violence. Laws mandating mandatory and prompt execution for gun murderers would help. A revival of genuine morality where kindness and neighborly love are more popularized than being able to sing or shoot a basketball would help. Making it more difficult for mentally disturbed people to own or have access to guns would help.

"In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. – unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun. Since then, despite dire predictions of “Wild West” showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender."

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2007/04/41196/#RgpYJwV8HRBWLhMJ.99

State of Mississippi has an open carry law. Our violent crime rate is considerably below the national average. Even with the open carry law, I rarely see anyone "packing", but a few people do.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2019, 09:02 AM
    If every homeowner owned a gun, knew how to use it, and was willing to use it, then that would stop a lot of needless violence.
    Who does he shoot while trying to find the bad guy or figure out who he is? And does the homeowner put on clothes first (after waking up from a deep sleep) before venturing out into the main part of the house to shoot the burglar who might really be his wife or teenager son who is craving a midnight snack?
    Expert

Jun 17, 2019, 09:53 AM
    I won't buy into that corrupt murderous government as that's plain fear mongering, and I just don't see that happening nor a ban on all guns. There are some though that we could take out of circulation and BAN with exceptions like certification, registration and licensing standards.

If every homeowner owned a gun, knew how to use it, and was willing to use it, then that would stop a lot of needless violence. Laws mandating mandatory and prompt execution for gun murderers would help. A revival of genuine morality where kindness and neighborly love are more popularized than being able to sing or shoot a basketball would help. Making it more difficult for mentally disturbed people to own or have access to guns would help.
    Small rural sleepy college towns can get away with that sort of thing, but such towns aren't exactly a bedrock of crimes in the first place. Loonies don't seem to be deterred by being fried and there seems to be 10 more to take their place when they are. Not sure that helps cut crime or violence to be honest though the death penalty is a hot topic. If everybody was a good human all our problems would be solved but the reality is that's not the case, and I doubt that changes and goes deeper than the entertainment business.

I go with making it a priority to vet the ones buying guns a more practical approach. That includes a medical and psyche evaluation which is what military and cops are subject to, so in line for the general public as well when it comes to buying a gun. Won't solve the problems tomorrow, but I think a good first step.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2019, 10:33 AM
    A complete ban on gun ownership would do the job. I guess you could say it worked in the USSR and nazi Germany. It has worked in Zimbabwe and Venezuela, but people there are powerless to oppose corrupt and murderous governments,
    So, at its root, it's really about government which you guys truly hate even a benign one like the USA.

or shoot a basketball
    Dog whistle. Wow!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Lux Pro thermostast, low battery, after power outrage [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 Lux Pro psp511a thermostasts in my house, this morning there was a power outrage and both of them say low battery and no display, tried power braker, reversing batteries, fan switch is set to auto if move to on position the fan works, replace batteries, maybe the outrage damaged them ? Do...

An Officer's Outrage Over Fort Hood [ 5 Answers ]

So appropriate I felt this deserved to stand on its own apart from the other thread: By Major Shawn Keller As I noted on the other thread and Major Keller hints at, this administration had no problem concerning itself with "rightwing extremists" like "disgruntled military veterans" such...

View more questions Search