Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2019, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    God is never silent, humans just may not be listening. Perhaps we are saying the same thing basically Clete? For sure there doesn't seem to be any evidence the dufus listens to God, or have I missed something here?
    God uses the foolish things of this Earth to confound the wise, I'll let you chew on that for a while
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 20, 2019, 08:54 AM
    Already had breakfast, but confounding or not things have to be dealt with.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2019, 01:45 PM
    I see my post was hijacked for more bible discussion.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2019, 02:08 PM
    It's all Wondergirl's and Tal's fault.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 20, 2019, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It's all Wondergirl's and Tal's fault.
    Gen. 3:12 The man said, "The woman you put here with me-she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."

*WG points finger at JL* (Post #68, "Quite a number of low income housing units filled with single parent families and an absence of fathers. Kind of a predictable outcome. It's the something the Gospel could fix if believed on.")
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2019, 02:39 PM
    What a lousy time for your memory to kick in.
    Expert

Jun 20, 2019, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    See what happens when you don't show up.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2019, 06:57 PM
    Yes, they do. Romans 2:14-15 (NLT) -- 14 Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. 15 They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.
    Post 80. And the first person to quote from the Bible was (drum roll) Wondergirl! Can't escape it. You had some involvement in this hijacking yourself. Admit your wrong-doing!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 20, 2019, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Post 80. And the first person to quote from the Bible was (drum roll) Wondergirl! Can't escape it. You had some involvement in this hijacking yourself. Admit your wrong-doing!!
    Nope, you were the Pied Piper. You started it with Post 68. ("Quite a number of low income housing units filled with single parent families and an absence of fathers. Kind of a predictable outcome. It's the something the Gospel could fix if believed on.")
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2019, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    There are many points of view Tom, you want to stick to the pure political, however there are lessons to be learned from a biblical perspective
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2019, 07:54 PM
    It's the something the Gospel could fix if believed on.
    Strictly speaking, I did not mention the Bible in that post, but I am most happy to admit to leading the charge to discuss things Biblical. I hope that will characterize the rest of my existence on this earth.

But being the first to QUOTE the Bible implicates you as well. Be careful. You could get the reputation of being an evangelical Christian if you are not careful.
    Expert

Jun 20, 2019, 08:41 PM
    You have to admit the dufus and his lawyers have the House all tied in knots trying to interview witnesses and getting documents. More court cases coming.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 20, 2019, 08:43 PM
    But being the first to QUOTE the Bible implicates you as well. Be careful. You could get the reputation of being an evangelical Christian if you are not careful.
    Oh, I've been an evangelical Lutheran all my life. It used to be a unique adjective describing Jesus' words in Matt. 28:19 -- until the fundies stole it so they'd look and sound better.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2019, 09:00 PM
    I'm surprised to hear that. You don't seem to believe that accepting Christ as Lord and Savior will radically change and improve a person's life, or at least I never see you state that on this board.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2019, 03:46 AM
    You have to admit the dufus and his lawyers have the House all tied in knots trying to interview witnesses and getting documents. More court cases coming.
    Yeah I get their game . Drag Hope Hicks up to the Hill for 8 hrs ,with all the costs going to the witness ;having to retain legal council etc. ,when there was absolutely nothing to gain from her testimony . Hicks had already endured hours of testimony before the House and Senate, and Mueller's investigators. They were even asking personal questions about her love life . If Trump did not supply the lawyers ,their fee would've come out of her pocket ,not out of that slob Nadler's.That pos repeatedly insulted her by calling her Ms Lewandowski(referring to rumors from the discredited book 'Fire and Fury ' by Michael Wolffe ,that she had an affair with Cory Lewandowski. ).When she finally called him out on the insult his snarky reply was the he was 'preoccupied ' . That is the kind version of the event . There is a possibility that the pompous, arrogant, and sanctimonious jerk Nadless is losing it and genuinely thought her name was Lewandowski .
    Expert

Jun 21, 2019, 04:18 AM
    I haven't gotten my hands on the transcripts yet, or stocked up on eye glass cleaner but closed sessions don't have the same impact on the public as open hearings do so this round belongs to the dufus hands down and I suspect will lead to a court battle over "IMMUNITY", and executive privilege. Yeah, lawyers are expensive, even for the well heeled and more for civil and criminal attorneys. Probably why our jails are full of ordinary criminals.

Costs money to OBJECT at the proper time, which they did extensively the other day. The gloves come off after the August recess I suspect.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2019, 04:41 AM
    Probably why our jails are full of ordinary criminals.
    Does the fact that they broke laws have any bearing on them being in jail?
    Expert

Jun 21, 2019, 05:07 AM
    That's a matter of debate since my premise was affording legal representation since most cannot. Hope Hicks can, and has a rich guy behind her and she isn't even being prosecuted for a crime, it was just a hearing. So you don't think there are two sets of criminal justice for the rich and poor?
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2019, 05:12 AM
    So you don't think there are two sets of criminal justice for the rich and poor?
    No, but I would agree that the rich have an advantage in being able to afford more capable lawyers. Best advice is to avoid breaking the law.

The biggest problems I see with the criminal justice system are its use of a number of corrupt/inept people and an ocean of laws that most people have no hope of being familiar with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Lux Pro thermostast, low battery, after power outrage [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 Lux Pro psp511a thermostasts in my house, this morning there was a power outrage and both of them say low battery and no display, tried power braker, reversing batteries, fan switch is set to auto if move to on position the fan works, replace batteries, maybe the outrage damaged them ? Do...

An Officer's Outrage Over Fort Hood [ 5 Answers ]

So appropriate I felt this deserved to stand on its own apart from the other thread: By Major Shawn Keller As I noted on the other thread and Major Keller hints at, this administration had no problem concerning itself with "rightwing extremists" like "disgruntled military veterans" such...

View more questions Search