Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheshore Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2019, 02:20 PM
    Trane system....thermostat blank.....breaker reset didn't work.
    I have a Trane TEM6AOC36H31SAA with a XL824 thermostat.

It's not working. The Nexia app says "not connected".

I switched the breaker at the panel and nothing. When I left it off for 5+ mins and switched on, the thermostat fired up for 30 secs then blank again.

I put bleach and water plus another quart of water down the drain line.

There's a red lamp on connected to the drain pan....I don't recall ever seeing it lighted before.

Nexia says it's bad thermostat or service call. That means $200+.

Anything else I can try?

* I don't know why those attachments are so big in size? Sorry
    Attached Images

WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2019, 05:12 AM
    I'll admit to knowing next to nothing about this thermostat, but in general I would pull the thermostat off of its sub-base. The sub-base is screwed to the wall and the part that you see and interact with snaps onto the sub-base. Note that there might be wires going to/from the sub-base, so don't just yank the thing off--be careful.

Once that's done, I'd check for 24 VAC between the R and B terminals, and/or look for bad connections. I'd see what color wires go to these terminals and then go to the furnace and check at that end as well for bad connections. Assuming you do have a good, solid 24 VAC then it might be the thermostat itself. The fact that it comes on briefly and then goes off has me concerned.

Sorry I can't offer any more than this.
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If my thermostat is blank could it be a circuit breaker? [ 2 Answers ]

If my thermostat is blank could it be a circuit breaker? My thermostate is blank and it does not have batteries.

When I switch the thermostat to heat, the display goes blank and furnace doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Honeywell simple digital non-programmable thermostat. The AC is fine. When I switch from AC to "off" or "heat" position, the display goes blank. The heat does not come on, but the blower will if I switch it from "auto" to "on" obviously blowing cold air. This is an all in one (gas heat...

Thermostat p274-0200 blank screen tried turning on and off breaker to the house and f [ 0 Answers ]

I woke up this morning to find my thermostat screen blank. I turned on and off breaker to the house and the one coming from the ac unit outside. It is a Totaline p274-0200. If it is a faulty fuse? How do I check for that?

Thermostat reset by flipping circuit breaker [ 5 Answers ]

We have a Honeywell Thermostat T8112D1005 (1) 0014 PF1A. It is about 10 years old. In the morning the heat does not kick in, but if I manually flip the furnace circuit breaker off for a few seconds, then on, the furnace then works fine. What is causing this?

Trane Gas Pack Shuts Off Until Breaker Reset. [ 2 Answers ]

All, I have a Trane gas pack (AC and propane heat) that is approximately six years old. I awoke this morning to a cold house. Everything seemed okay on the thermostat, so I checked the house breaker. The house breaker had not tripped, but resetting the breaker enabled to the furnace to start and...

View more questions Search