Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    optimisticrab25 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2019, 07:23 AM
    "If you love someone, let them go. If they come back, it's meant to be". How true?
    I always have a feeling I'll end up bumping into my ex again even after having blocked him off all social media. Is it true that if it is meant to be, it will be without me doing anything?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 7, 2019, 07:43 AM
    None of us can control what another will do or what happens between us. Best not to let the lonely heart have false hope though, and plot, plan, scheme your way to a "chance" meeting. Why did you let him go in the first place? There must have been a good reason then.

Your not alone speculating on an ex, and what if though, we all do after a break up, whether it was good, bad, or in between makes little difference to our heats does it? I think that saying you quoted is about once you let go, move on with your life and live on and see what happens. Let me ask how long have you been broken up, and why?

I ask because he is still on your mind and maybe your not quite over it as you think, or having second thoughts maybe? Which is it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2019, 05:51 PM
    No there is no truth to it. Relationships are something that has to be worked at each and everyday that you are in it. If it does not work out, most likely it was not meant to be. You do not "set someone free" they chose to go, and you have no choice but to let them go. Your issue, you have not let go, if you think they will come back at some future time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sang "True Love, Young Love"? [ 1 Answers ]

I thought the singer's name was Glenn Campbell but now am not sure.

Why did I find "TRUE LOVE" in all the wrong places? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with a married man for over 4 years now. It is intense and we share a love that neither one of us has EVER experienced before. I am divorced with an 11 yr old son and he is living at home with his 3 children and wife. He says that his relationship at home is at a dead...

Is "love at first sight" true love? [ 12 Answers ]

I find that this is just an immidiate impression of a person that makes the person feel very happy suddently. It might feel like love because you like the way they look, the sound of their voice, their personality? Has anyone of you married someone that originally been attracted that way? Love...

View more questions Search