Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2019, 10:18 AM
    leaking kitchen faucet
    Working at some things at my dad's old house. At the kitchen sink, when water is turned on, water leaks out from where the faucet attaches to the base. When I unscrew it, it seems to be missing a washer. Correct?Name:  faucet 2.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  54.3 KBName:  faucet 1.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  39.7 KB
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 5, 2019, 11:43 AM
    It well could be and that may fix the problem, but the washer in the piece your holding looks well pitted and shot in your picture so I would replace that one and see where your at.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2019, 11:47 AM
    Will give that a try.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 5, 2019, 01:04 PM
    Working at some things at my dad's old house.
    Ahh, the infamous old house. If its anything like my house, I'd say burn it down and Start over.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2019, 01:49 PM
    Many of those older ones had an O Ring
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2019, 02:49 PM
    Didn't have an O-ring, so I went with to washers I had. Used two since they were fairly thin. So far so good. I don't think it will hold up long, but long enough.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2019, 12:11 AM
    I suggest time for a new faucet, Thanks

John
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2019, 04:22 AM
    Probably about right. It's working for now, but I don't expect it to last too long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen faucet leaking [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have a pioneer kitchen faucet (model #2BR110) that is leaking. I was told to replace the entire stem. I was looking online and found a picture of the stem. http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-X-3900002c-Part/dp/images/B00D5Z7IMA Looks like there is no washer on there, just a couple of...

Leaking kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to use an allen wrench to loosen the little screw under the faucet handle So I could remove the handle and replace some parts. The faucet does not loosen At all. What should I try next?

Leaking kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the cartridge and seals on my Colony Soft American Standard single handle kitchen faucet and the cartridge still leaks at the base. I have the 4175.500 model faucet with the m951471-0070A spec cartridge.The American Standard part that was sent to me is the m951470-0070A. I spoke...

Leaking kitchen faucet [ 0 Answers ]

Our kitchen faucet is dripping and has progressed to an almost constant drip. How do I fix this. It's the type of faucet that can adjust from a steady stream to a shower pattern.

Kitchen faucet leaking [ 4 Answers ]

Why does my kitchen faucet leak when I am running the bathtub or washing machine {both in other areas of the house}? How do I fix it? Could it just be that the seal in the faucet is worn? If so, do I need to replace the faucet or is there a way to just replace the seal? I have a single handle...

View more questions Search