Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeyeh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Concerning capital gain tax
    Hi,

I have, under my name, two houses. One in Vancouver, one in Toronto. I live in Toronto and I did declare the house in Toronto as my principal residence on ON479 of my previous years of return.

However, lately I found out if I would sell the one in Vancouver, I would have to pay the capital gain tax. Is there a way to avoid that? (by re-declaring the principal residence, or other methods)

Thank you very much for your help,
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 20, 2007, 09:40 AM
    This is a CANADIAN Tax question; this forum deals with U.S. taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canada capital gain tax on real estate [ 1 Answers ]

I want to sell my vacation property. It is not my principal residence. It has increased in value three-fold in 10 years and I want to minimize my capital gain tax. I am planning on buying another vacation home soon after. If I arrange with the buyer, if willing, to hold part of the title and...

Tax on Long term capital gain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Please update me on the latest tax rates when it comes to Short term & Long term capital gains from equity investments. Any information will be highly appreciated Thanks Gaurav

Capital gains tax [ 1 Answers ]

In Sept 1999 I sold a piece of property. I did a 1031 exchange for a new piece of property that cost 299000.00. My basis in that exchange was 29000.00. In April 2006 I sold that piece of property. After closing costs and realtor costs the net profit was $512,000.00. Improvement costs,...

Capital Gain Tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have a question about Capital gain tax I inherited a comercial property from my father in 1998. At the time of probate the property was valued at $150,000.00 I Have just accepted an offer to sell for $110,000.00 Do I owe Capital Gain Taxes?

View more questions Search