Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

May 16, 2019, 09:34 AM
    bizarre hatred of anything Obama ever accomplished.
    How's that working for you (bizarre hatred towered Trump)?

What we hate will ruin us.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 16, 2019, 09:40 AM
    More of us didn't vote for the dufus. We knew he was a crook and didn't need Mueller to tell us that. Oh how the right hollered and screamed for 8 years, but play dumb now that the shoe is on the other foot. It would be hilarious if not for the seriousness of the level of corruption we have risen too.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 16, 2019, 10:21 AM
    Oh how they right hollered and screamed for 8 years, but play dumb now that the shoe is on the other foot.
    Yes, just like you just ignore Obama's lying about Benghazi and the four Americans who died there needlessly. Partisanship. We both do it, but you don't like to admit to it.
    Expert

May 16, 2019, 10:49 AM
    I ignored the Obama lies, you ignore the dufus lies, that makes us both idiots for ignoring the lies. Admit it, you're as dumb and stupid as I am!
    Uber Member

May 16, 2019, 11:00 AM
    Finally, we agree on something! That really made me laugh, probably because it is closer to being true that I might care to admit.
    Expert

May 16, 2019, 11:45 AM
    SEE! It's more relaxing to agree on something if not EVERYTHING. Lets have a great day. At least until I find some more rocks to chunk at ya.
    Uber Member

May 16, 2019, 11:58 AM
    Roger that.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2019, 10:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Admit it, your as dumb and stupid as I am!
    Such bipartisan reparte'. I didn't think it possible that you could have such insight

Tell me Tal, if you ignored Obama's lies, Why are you bleating about Trump?
    Uber Member

May 17, 2019, 04:36 AM
    The truth is, we vote for people based on issues more than character. I voted for Trump because of his support for issues important to me. Tal voted for Obama because of issues important to him. I assume the same is true in Aussie land. Then we tend to overlook his mistakes so long as he continues to promote policies we agree with. If we waited for someone with great character to come along, we wouldn't have presidents in most years. That's a sad observation but basically, I think, true.
    Expert

May 17, 2019, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Such bipartisan reparte'. I didn't think it possible that you could have such insight

Because I can. As my friend says we vote, a truly "civil" war of ideas and thoughts. We can disagree about the LIES each side tells, but neither side is perfect, and all politicians spin because they want our votes. No matter who you vote for, or why, that's your right isn't it? I just think that Obama's lies don't even come close to the lies the dufus and his elected and appointed sycophants tell. He is way over the boundaries of good behavior in my book.

That's my opinion and obviously not shared by everyone, but in America we can express those opinions, vote and move on. There is always an election coming. That's what makes us great! So JL is spot on in that regard.
    Uber Member

May 17, 2019, 06:40 AM
    all politicians spin because they want our votes.
    Very true observation.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2019, 06:47 AM
    Because I can. As my friend says we vote, a truly "civil" war of ideas and thoughts. We can disagree about the LIES each side tells, but neither side is perfect, and all politicians spin because they want our votes. No matter who you vote for, or why, that's your right isn't it? I just think that Obama's lies don't even come close to the lies the dufus and his elected and appointed sycophants tell. He is way over the boundaries of good behavior in my book.

That's my opinion and obviously not shared by everyone, but in America we can express those opinions, vote and move on. There is always an election coming. That's what makes us great! So JL is spot on in that regard.
    Let me try and answer both of you, firstly Tal, you show no sign of moving on, you are stuck in a rut. One might say it is a Trump sized pot hole. I am a conservative voter, that is because I abhor waste and around here the left wastes every opportunity it is given. There was a time when there was great reform, visionary reform, but it was only achieved by consensus, a government actually taking the people with it. But that era also spawned the idea that if the leader didn't move over for the deputy, or some other ego, he should be replaced immediately. And what do we have, a government that cannot do anything. Sound familiar
    Uber Member

May 17, 2019, 07:21 AM
    what do we have, a government that cannot do anything. Sound familiar
    I see your point and think it is a good one. However, it is rather frequently true that a government not doing anything can be a very good thing. In fact, for those of us who favor a minimalist government, and view government as not the enemy but very much not our good friend, then the idea of the government doing nothing very often sounds good. So far, our government needs to have done about 22 trillion dollars less than it has done. The Constitution clearly lays out five basic functions for the federal government. 1. Establish a system of justice (courts and laws). 2. Provide for the common defense. 3. Promote the general (not the individual) welfare. 4. Insure domestic tranquility. 5. Secure the blessings (Wow! A religious term!) of liberty for us and our posterity.

Additionally, the tenth amendment says that only the federal government only has the powers expressly delegated to it by the Constitution. If we would follow these ideas, our federal government would stay in its place, and the states would do most of the governing.
    Expert

May 17, 2019, 08:00 AM
    Circle the calendar folks, me and JL mostly agree! OMG! No matter who you vote for or who gets elected the average citizen has no choice but to move on and handle the business of our daily lives Clete. Personally I cannot afford to be stuck and not deal with REALITY since it's up front and personal.

What you think I just sit and wait for you guys all the time. I wish I could! 8D Some days are busier than others but I do have a life, as well as opinions to share, cause I care.

Cool?
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

May 17, 2019, 11:24 AM
    Maybe because Trump is the Master of the Game. It's not about lying, to cover up the truth, It's much, much more than that.
    Trump is setting a whole new standard. “It’s not just that Trump lies, it is that he lies with purpose—blatantly, to assert power over truth itself.” To alter reality. It’s the lying, the kind of thoroughgoing lying that gives rise to a whole new reality or, better still, to no reality at all.

An idiot at work?
    Nothing new.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2019, 01:06 PM
    yeah there is some real bipartisanship going on these days . Even the Schmuckster supports Trump's China initiatives .

Chuck Schumer

@SenSchumer

Hang tough on China, President @realDonaldTrump
    . Don’t back down.

Strength is the only way to win with China.
    But Dem front runner Joe Biden doesn't think China is a threat . That's because his families wealth is tied to the Chinese stealing drone technology and other intellectual property from the US.

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/03/...hina-business/
    Uber Member

May 17, 2019, 03:53 PM
    Trump and Schumer agreeing is quite an event, but that's nothing compared to Tal and I agreeing. It has been a great two days.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2019, 03:56 PM
    Circle the calendar folks, me and JL mostly agree! OMG! No matter who you vote for or who gets elected the average citizen has no choice but to move on and handle the business of our daily lives Clete. Personally I cannot afford to be stuck and not deal with REALITY since it's up front and personal.

What you think I just sit and wait for you guys all the time. I wish I could! 8D Some days are busier than others but I do have a life, as well as opinions to share, cause I care.

Cool?
    Ok Tal I've put an X on the wall with a date. We all have busy lives Tal, today I'm busy ignoring politicians
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2019, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The Constitution clearly lays out five basic functions for the federal government. 1. Establish a system of justice (courts and laws). 2. Provide for the common defense. 3. Promote the general (not the individual) welfare. 4. Insure domestic tranquility. 5. Secure the blessings

When you quote the US Constitution to support your position or prove your point, and then you misquote that document by adding terms not there in the original, you lose all credibility and are seen as someone who will say whatever they want for whatever reason.

Very much like Donald Trump does every day.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2019, 01:55 AM
    When you quote the US Constitution to support your position or prove your point, and then you misquote that document by adding terms not there in the original, you lose all credibility and are seen as someone who will say whatever they want for whatever reason.
    I didn't quote the Constitution, so I couldn't have misquoted it. I was going largely from memory, but I think I accurately reflected what the preamble says. I noted my comments by plainly putting them in parenthesis which is a very common practice. If I lost credibility with you, it's because you disagree with my thinking or comments but don't seem to be able to simply explain why, so you instead just lash out. If you have something of substance to say, why not just point out where you think I'm wrong?

You still seem like an angry person to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel like an idiot - a very confused idiot. [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in 7th grade, and there's this boy that I've liked since 4th grade. (I know, pathetic, isn't it?) My good friend at the time was absolutely convinced that I liked this other boy, and she wouldn't believe me when I said I didn't. So I told her that I liked this other boy, even though I didn't,...

I think I'm an idiot [ 13 Answers ]

I met this girl online and well I think I'm falling for her.. but she's one of those girls I know ill never be able to have.. its killing me. I don't know what to do. Help me please.

I'm a idiot [ 5 Answers ]

I have posted here several times. Everyone had given me the advice to just let my ex-girlfriend go. I took up the whole no contact thing but I did it for the wrong reason. I read all of those bull get your ex back with no contact All it got me was meaningless sex and now I'm back to square one. I...

She is such an idiot [ 4 Answers ]

I've had such a bad day! This girl in my collage class is so irritating, she constantly goes on about herself and doesn't really care about anyone but herself, she is also very why and selfish, there also another girl who is really sweet when she's by herself but as soon as she's with the why girl...

I'm such an idiot [ 8 Answers ]

OK well most of you know about my situation with my ex. I just talked to him after not talking to him for about a week and I was disgusted by what he was doing. He was over to this girl maria's house. Before we broke up he told me that he thought she was hot and that he would deff. Do things with...

View more questions Search