Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nkaufman Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2019, 02:42 AM
    Leaking Dishwasher from bottom
    Hello,

Recently Whirlpool dishwasher started leaking from bottom center, after I took off the bottom panel, I could see water dripping from the center.

After a couple of days, I took of the filter that was all clogged, cleaned it up and put it back.

Now no leak. But am wondering why would the unit leak at all even if filter got clogged. Since the unit is still under warranty, should I have someone come and take a look and replace a seal or two that shouldn't have allowed the leak?

Thanks,
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 15, 2019, 03:52 PM
    It depends on where it was leaking exactly, but you seem to have solved that problem. Go to RepairCinic.com and enter your dishwasher model number to get an explanation, and repair help. The leak stopped so why pay someone when you can figure it out for yourself, or LEARN how things work, and save.

https://www.repairclinic.com/RepairH...rom-motor-area

Since it is still under warranty, it can't hurt to have it checked, though it's likely you reseated what ever it was when you cleaned what I think was your outlet pump filter.
    Delsad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2022, 12:41 PM
    There are different reasons that result in water under the bottom of your dishwasher –like if food or food particles clog the filter, drain hose, or air gap of the dishwasher then it outflows water. To solve the problem detect the blockage and clear the debris.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Nautilus Portable Dishwasher leaking from bottom while being filled with water [ 1 Answers ]

Just purchased a used GE Nautilus Portable DW and the first time we started the cycle and the water was being filled, it started to leak from the bottom. A lot of water being leaked/sprayed out within seconds. I have never troubleshooted a DW before and I am clueless... Anyone please could explain...

Washer leaking from bottom? [ 1 Answers ]

Water runs out as soon as it runs in

16.5 ic ovh carb keeps leaking out of the bottom little motor on the bottom I think c [ 1 Answers ]

16.5 ic ohv briggs and stration engine ,when I shut it off all the fuel leaks out of the bottom of the carb on the bottom of the carb is a little motor that I think controls the needle valve.Any ideas?Thanks Don

Water in bottom of dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

My dishwasher will run its full cycle and the bottom will be empty. I can open it 4 days later and there will be water standing in the bottom. We have had someone look at it and we thought it was fixed but it is doing it again. Can someone give me some ideas? :eek:

Toilet is leaking from the bottom [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leaky toilet, the water is coming from the bottom of the toilet. I removed the toilet, replaced the wax ring, put the toilet back, and within a day or two it began to leak only when you would flush. One side note it is mounted on top of the tile should it be mounted at floor level? Is this...

View more questions Search