Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markkram1970 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2019, 06:52 PM
    Payment taken from UC to pay a "fine"
    I have had £79 taken from my Universal Credit payment to pay for a "fine" i know nothing about...i have had no summons,never been to court or received notice of any fine or what it is allegedly for....i was told by a call centre agent that they received an email asking for payments to be taken from my monthly allowance ...she had to0 google a phone number to give me and when i checked the number online it is a scam...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 13, 2019, 08:38 PM
    Report it as fraud immediately to the card provider.

May 14, 2019, 03:34 AM
    Hi...it is not the card provider...it is the DWP who took the money from my payment before my allowance was paid into my bank account.
    Expert

May 14, 2019, 05:34 AM
    Contact your ALLOWANCE provider again. Ask to speak to a manager or someone higher up than a phone receptionist. This is an international site so I have no clue as to what a DWP is or how it is related to your allowance, or where this allowance is from. Job? Government? Please clarify.

May 14, 2019, 05:53 AM
    sorry...DWP is Department for Work and Pensions and UC is a monthly benefit i recieve as i am currently unemployed from the Government....Idid contact the benefit agency again and was told there was nothing they could do because the money had been sent .
    Expert

May 14, 2019, 07:10 AM
    Is this the UK? I cannot fathom a governmental agency not having more info than a fake phone number. Maybe they cannot change what has happened, but at this point what you want is contact info like who, and why. If the lower levels cannot provide it you must go over there heads to the next level. Don't they have a complaint department? A fine payment sounds like another government agency to me. The trick is finding out which one. It could be as simple as your contact info, either you have moved or not updated it with the agency.

Could either scenario be the case? Do you have online access to DWP to check YOUR contact info for them? In the U.S. change of address with the mail service expires after a time and you must also update your contact info with whomever you receive mail from. Am I close or way out in left field? A simple question to ask is where these notifications were supposedly sent to if indeed they were sent. That may shed light on your dilemma, and avoid future failure to respond, or correct any errors, be it on them, or YOU.

Please consider and let me know. Back to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC and Heat work fine, blower not working in "fan" mode [ 1 Answers ]

Were at a point in the year we'd like to use "just" the fan to move air around the house. Problem is that when I put the T-stat on "fan" the blower does not come on. AC and Heat modes work perfectly. I put in a new T-Stat and main board last season and it worked fine until I went to use it the...

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

Blower not starting when in "AUTO" for HEAT... working fine for A/C [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have an approx 20 yr old lennox gas heated furnace. I changed the thermostat about 2 weeks ago and now the fan isn't turning ON when the thermostat is in AUTO and HEAT mode. It is working fine in AUTO and COOL. I switched back to the old thermostat and found out that nothing was working...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search