Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butcherboy13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2019, 07:59 AM
    How do I write a letter to a judge in california ?
    My dad has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and is terminally ill and I am on probation in California but came out here to be with my dad in Arizona , how do I write a letter to a judge asking for early termination of supervision something that I feel I shouldn't be on in the first place?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 13, 2019, 05:17 AM
    These are the circumstances that a judge may consider.

https://www.shouselaw.com/early-prob...rmination.html

There were many templates to guide how you construct a letter to a judge on the internet, and I would also include a letter from your dad's doctor describing his situation to document the reason for your request. Be aware though that much depends on what you are on probation for. Just to ask did you clear your visit to Arizona with your probation officer? If not, then a letter to the judge would be pointless.

Good luck to you and your dad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I write a letter to the judge for an extension of time to pay my restitution. [ 1 Answers ]

Can I write a letter to the judge for an extension of time to pay my restitution. My probationary period is almost up but I still owe thousands of dollars in restitution. I was supposed to have deferred adjuducation - but they have it on my record which has prohibited me from getting a good...

Example letter to write to judge for someone who violates probation [ 3 Answers ]

What is an example of how to write a letter to a judge for someone who voilated probation

I need to write a letter of responsibility to a judge. But have no idea . [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am tasked with composing a letter of responsibility to a judge. My children were taken due to some poor decisions I made , personal tragdy , decisions made by other people , circumstances beyound my control. This letter is a step to a reunion three years over due. I have had 2 years...

How do you write a letter to a judge about someone in jail [ 4 Answers ]

How do you write a letter to a judge about someone in jail that has been denied work release, but wants to get work release?

View more questions Search