Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clegs53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2019, 08:53 PM
    Supplementing Depleted Soil
    The soil in my vegetable garden is low in all nutrients except nitrogen. Even though I add slow release granulated fertilizer and composted manure the plants bear very little produce and what I do get is small. What's the best supplement(s) for this condition? I'm about ready to give up on vegetable gardening.
    Thank you for your help.
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2019, 05:39 PM
    The three primary plant nutrients are nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, or N-P-K on the fertilizer bag. If you have enough nitrogen then you might try a 0-10-10 or similar formula. Also a bag of Ironite will give you deep green plants without adding any appreciable amount of nitrogen. You might also want to practice crop rotation to keep from depleting the soil.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...lizers/7492911
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_rotation
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2019, 06:18 AM
    3 additional things to consider are soil pH, soil drainage, and amount of sunlight received.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will supplementing with creatine, affect an etg/ets test? [ 6 Answers ]

Will creatine, when used to supplement gym workouts, affect an etg/ets test?

Ph of soil in water and ph of soil in calcium chloride [ 0 Answers ]

What does the difference between ph of soil in water and in calcium chloride depict

Supplementing a wood stove throughout the night. [ 9 Answers ]

I have sort of a dumb question, but I'm inexperienced. For the first time, I'm using the wood stove this winter and the past few nights we've burned wood. But, at night when we go to bed, we can't stay up to refill wood, so therefore, the fire goes out and we wake up cold. The next morning when we...

Drained, angry and depleted? How do I move on? [ 1 Answers ]

What do you think? I have been married for 10 years and always worked hard in the marriage to get us out of the hole. I found out my husbands credit cards were maxed to 39K after 3 years of marriage and eventually help him to pay it off. I was able to save enough money for a gov't subsidized...

Depleted Uranium (DU) weaponry [ 22 Answers ]

I overheard my Auntie talking on the telephone and she said that the war in Iraq was killing many more troops and Iraqis than anyone can imagine. Then something about Depleted Uranium and the Gulf War syndrome and the troops that died from that war. Well anyway I wondered if any of you people...

View more questions Search