Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clegs53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2019, 08:44 PM
    Plumbing Leak
    Is there a way to fix a slow leak in joint where pvc fitting screws into metal pipe without affecting/cutting out pvc parts beyond joint? I have a very limited amount of pvc pipe to work with if I have to cut out part of the pvc without having to replace multiple pieces/joints.
    Thanks for any advise.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 12, 2019, 01:26 AM
    Would you be able to move back several inches from the joint, cut the pipe, remove the fitting in order to clean and retape it, reinstall the fitting, and then just use a pvc coupling at the cut?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2019, 11:58 AM
    can you post a picture of it please
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 16, 2019, 02:18 PM
    There are a few spray products on the market at various stores and plumbing supply houses, made to stop leaks until you can come up with a better plan, or time and money.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 16, 2019, 02:37 PM
    Visual would be very helpful. In the interim: Can you use union ? ( Schedule 80 / threaded on one end, slip joint on the other end ). Or reconfigure that joint with PEX / SharkBite materials. Back to you. Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing Leak [ 3 Answers ]

Is my problem likely to be the water line into the dishwasher or the Dishwasher itself? When not in use the dishwasher fills & this week overfilled. Never did that Before but there is always standing water in the dishwasher it just never Overfilled before. Is it more likely to be the water...

Plumbing leak [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We live in south coast British Columbia, Canada (moderate climate) in an older (1955) one level, flat roof 900 sq. Foot house on a concrete pad. All of our water pipes have been installed under (or in) the concrete.. . And we have a leak, somewhere in the SUPPLy lines. We hear running water...

Plumbing leak in wall [ 1 Answers ]

My main floor bathroom is leaking from the toilet and causing a leakage into the ceiling of the basement bathroom/ This is becoming a real mess and I know absolutely nothing about plumbing. Can any of this be caused from the second floor bathroom. There is no leak on the second floor whatsoever...

Plumbing leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a leak in my bathroom coming from under the carpet in the door way. My stand alone shower is to the left. I have a separate garden tub.I need some advice on where to start looking.please help!

Plumbing leak [ 1 Answers ]

I might have a small leak in the hose faucet connected to the kitchen wall. I know it would be easy to repair if a go through the kitchen wall to get to it. Does a job like this one be difficult and expensive to repair?

View more questions Search