misra_rajnish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Mutual Fund
    What is Mutual Fund?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2007, 12:55 AM
    From mutual fund Definition

"An open-ended fund operated by an investment company which raises money from shareholders and invests in a group of assets, in accordance with a stated set of objectives. Mutual funds raise money by selling shares of the fund to the public, much like any other type of company can sell stock in itself to the public. Mutual funds then take the money they receive from the sale of their shares (along with any money made from previous investments) and use it to purchase various investment vehicles, such as stocks, bonds and money market instruments. In return for the money they give to the fund when purchasing shares, shareholders receive an equity position in the fund and, in effect, in each of its underlying securities. For most mutual funds, shareholders are free to sell their shares at any time, although the price of a share in a mutual fund will fluctuate daily, depending upon the performance of the securities held by the fund. Benefits of mutual funds include diversification and professional money management. Mutual funds offer choice, liquidity, and convenience, but charge fees and often require a minimum investment. A closed-end fund is often incorrectly referred to as a mutual fund, but is actually an investment trust. There are many types of mutual funds, including aggressive growth fund, asset allocation fund, balanced fund, blend fund, bond fund, capital appreciation fund, clone fund, closed fund, crossover fund, equity fund, fund of funds, global fund, growth fund, growth and income fund, hedge fund, income fund, index fund, international fund, money market fund, municipal bond fund, prime rate fund, regional fund, sector fund, specialty fund, stock fund, and tax-free bond fund."
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 03:55 AM
    Comments on this post Originally Posted by peteleonora
    peteleonora agrees: GREAT!! I GOT THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION . THANKS
    I am glad that you got the answer to your question, whatever the question was that you were seeking the answer to!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using 401K to fund a new business [ 1 Answers ]

I have just started a new business and invested about 10K from personal savings. I need about another 12K, can a 401K be used to fund a new business without paying an early withdrawl penalty? Also, any pros or cons to this would be appreciated. Thank you for considering this question.

Creating A trust Fund [ 1 Answers ]

How can one create a self-directed trust fund for a corporation?

What's Is The Best Mutual Fund/s In Canada [ 0 Answers ]

What's Is The Best Mutual Fund/s In Canada? For Investing Longterm (12 Yrs) With Cad $ 60,000. 00

Mutual funds [ 2 Answers ]

Should I get out of my mutual funds now or wait?

View more questions Search