Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calidiyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2019, 01:24 PM
    Unique problem with Maytag dryer (PYE2300AYW): dryer takes forever to dry a standard
    I purchased new parts, checked each for continuity and installed:
    The hi-limit thermostat
    The thermo fuse

The cycling thermostat
    The heating element
    Then I cleaned the inside of the dryer and all of the vent system to outside of the house (there was very little lint found). When running there is a very strong current of air coming out of the exterior vent. When observing the heating element while it is running, the element comes on after turning on the dryer, turns bright red for about 20 seconds then turns off for about 50 - 75 seconds then turns on again for 10 - 15 seconds and continues to repeat this cycle but never hot enough to dry the load. It seems like the cycle should be reversed?
    Could the hi-limit thermo and the cycling thermo be conflicting with each other? Could reversing the wire connections on either of the thermos cause this problem?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 9, 2019, 06:14 PM
    Review these sites,

https://www.repairclinic.com/RepairH...ing-PYE2300AYW

https://www.repairclinic.com/RepairH...ong-PYE2300AYW

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have a new gas dryer. It takes forever to dry anything. Any suggestions [ 6 Answers ]

When I look outside at the vent, it blows steam for a minute or two and then nothing but cold air for 10 to 12 minutes. Then steam for a minute or two again and back to the same thing. Is there any way to change the heat on/off cycle?

Maytag PYE2300AYW dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced the thermostat and the heating element and still have no heat. Everything else is running fine. I tried to bypass the thermostat to see if it was bad and still no heat. What else could be the cause?

How to replace the thermal fuse ina Maytag PYE2300AYW dryer [ 0 Answers ]

I see the theraml fuse and cannot get the wires off. I also neeed to know where to locate the second fuse.

Maytag Dryer Auto Dry Not Heating (Model: PYE2300AYW) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having a similar problem to the one discussed here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/appliances/maytag-dryer-does-not-dry-auto-dry-mode-24630-2.html My dryer heats properly in timed mode, but not in auto mode. I've checked the circuit breakers and they're on, and I've checked the...

Maytag dryer PYE2300AYW not heating properly [ 1 Answers ]

My maytag dryer is not heating properly. It is not a vent problem. It heats but not very hot and takes clothers forever to dry. The thermal fuse kit L248 looks dark and worn but I thought if that was the problem the dryer wouldn't come on. Is that correct ? What else can I check? I hate to spend...

View more questions Search