Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ladyinneed Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2019, 01:14 PM
    Where??
    Where can I find help to get money to fix the damage from hurricane Katrina? My aunt got the money in 2005 and didn't fix the house. Now me and my new baby living here and I don't want to lose my daughter because she used the money for God knows what. Car accident in 2010 damaged me permanently, and my savings are depleted now. I had to live off what I had been saving to fix the roof, and walls. If anybody know of any info that will be useful thank you in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 5, 2019, 05:57 PM
    Are you getting Social Security Disability?

Medicaid and social services

Is it your aunts house?

Perhaps sue your Aunt

May 5, 2019, 06:28 PM
    No government assistance, it's a family house I can't sue her... Thanks for the advice!
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

May 5, 2019, 07:31 PM
    I think the Government has a one time loan they will give to low income families. It is specifically to fix up old houses.
    Get the house in your name. You don't have to pay the loan back if you live in the house for another five years.
    Last I hear they give out $45,000. They will hire a contractor and fix what ever they deem necessary.

Housing assistance program.

May 5, 2019, 10:19 PM
    Thank you very much. I appreciate the advice. I will look into it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 6, 2019, 09:22 AM
    I think since it's your aunts house she is the one to apply for any repair assistance but I could be wrong. I would highly recommend though talking with your local housing assistance authority (Often connected to the local welfare office), or consulting the local woman's shelter, for some good leads for safe housing options.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 6, 2019, 02:52 PM
    If your aunt got the money and did nothing, you will have a hard time getting more money. This is not your house so you will have no equity if a loan goes bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search