Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hardhat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2019, 10:21 AM
    Can a DNA test be court ordered on an adult child
    25 yrs ago, I was involved in a short term relationship with a woman. During this time, she became pregnant, and I assuming I was the only partner she was with, signed the birth certificate. It has come to light, that I may not be the biological father. I owe child support in arrears. I asked for a volunteer DNA from this man, and he refuses to give it up. I am not seeking any pay back of child support or damages.I will never see a dime. This woman has never worked, she has claimed injury lawsuits, and draws disability. I am solely looking for the truth, is he my son? We have never had any type of relationship, other than a maybe once a year phone call at Christmas, asking for money. He also does not work, lives with his mother. Do I have any legal rights as the supposed father to request a DNA? I am getting older, for health reasons, and the fact of questioned paternity, I need to know.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 5, 2019, 01:30 PM
    "Do I have any legal rights as the supposed father to request a DNA?" After 25 years?? Basically NO. Adults are treated differently. Plus, you signed the birth certificate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 5, 2019, 06:02 PM
    No, you can not get a DNA test at this point.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2019, 07:27 PM
    You can ask the son if he will submit to a voluntary DNA test, however, after this length of time a court will not order one.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

May 5, 2019, 07:41 PM
    $59.00 you can have an ancestry DNA test sent to him, anonymously?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2019, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    $59.00 you can have an ancestry DNA test sent to him, anonymously?
    If he did that, how would the OP find out the results?
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

May 5, 2019, 07:58 PM
    I think if he paid for it and had ancestry send it to his Son (?), he would be entitled. I know Law enforcement has access to all their record. it might be open to the public?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2019, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    I think if he paid for it and had ancestry send it to his Son (?), he would be entitled. I know Law enforcement has access to all their record. it might be open to the public?
    Then his anonymity would end. And Ancestry wouldn't send the results to the one who paid.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 6, 2019, 09:40 AM
    I would think it's rather late to get the law to compel a DNA test unless you have a lot more than a rumor/opinion/suspicion to go on. Legally you would have a hard time proving deception or fraud for that matter. Has this woman or the law taken any legal actions against you for arrears in child support?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court ordered alcohol testing two kinds she ordered a binge test [ 1 Answers ]

My husband an j ARE GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE.hE is fs fighting me for full custody today he told the mediator I drank 20 beers every other day.She said she would order a binge alcohol hair test.I have drank three times in ninety days.Can you explain this test and the results?

Can someone force a court ordered dna test on a couple and child with no hard proof? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a relationship with a girl and she fell pregnant I was led to believe it was mine until she was 33 weeks pregnant and decided to kick me out for no reason? She stopped all contact and I haven't been able to see the baby at all she is with another guy now and his name is on the birth...

Can I get a court ordered dna test? [ 3 Answers ]

There's this girl claiming she's pregnant and my husbands the father of the child. I want to know if he can get a court ordered DNA test because I don't think the girl will do it freely?

Court Ordered DNA test [ 2 Answers ]

My Father Died and his name isn't on my birth certificate and my sister wants nothing to do with me. Can I get a court order DNA test with my sister to prove he was my father and were related.

Court Order DNA test for paternity of adult child [ 3 Answers ]

I am an adult child. Born in wedlock but my father was not my mother's husband. My biological father lives in another part of town and will not take a DNA test. Can I proceed in court to get a court order to make him do so? Which court? Family or Civil (Equity case?) Is there any PA law on...

View more questions Search