Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonesbones Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Apr 19, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Eerie 80's Cartoon Movie w/ Toy Pink Elephant?
    O.K. maybe it was just eerie to me, but if you've seen it I'd like to hear your argument for why it's NOT eerie:

All I can remember is a bunch of toys have a problem. One toy in particular, I'm thinking it's one of the main characters, is a Pink Elephant. One scene they are at the bottom of some lake and there is an old can of dog food. At the end there is a scene with strange bird house full of rats who are partying and they get overthrown by a train or something. There is a raven that is flying around and calling out annoying phrases. There is one man at the end... I'm thinking the only human in the show, but he is the owner of the toy store or something, and the conflict resolves and some strange early 80's mellow song starts playing. Sorry so vague, but whoever nails this is my hero!
    Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 10:52 PM
    Perhaps it was the following? Nellie the Elephant (cartoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    dub_knight Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Apr 20, 2007, 01:33 AM
    Im trying to find out the name of this movie too! If it's the same one I'm thinking of, at the beginning of the movie there is a man with a dog I think & they walk into a toy store. He puts the toy (which might be the pink elephant) on a bench with all the other toys & the elephant falls off. Then I remember the rats are partying & they're singing on a boat that is getting lowered down from the bird house or whatever & they get thrown over, maybe it is by a train. I also remember a can of dog food in the water. That's about all I remember. I saw this movie when I was very young & have been trying to find if for MANY years. Does this sound familiar?

Apr 20, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dub_knight
    Im trying to find out the name of this movie too! If its the same one I'm thinking of, at the beginning of the movie there is a man with a dog i think & they walk into a toy store. He puts the toy (which might be the pink elephant) on a bench with all the other toys & the elephant falls off. Then i remember the rats are partying & theyre singing on a boat that is getting lowered down from the bird house or whatever & they get thrown over, maybe it is by a train. I also remember a can of dog food in the water. Thats about all I remember. I saw this movie when i was very young & have been trying to find if for MANY years. Does this sound familiar?
    Yep, right on the mark! I'm not sure that it is a train that destroys the rat's party, but the bird house is located on a signal light that is above a train station, and for some reason I thought the train came by and knocked them off, but I'm not sure... but I do know it had to do with a train-signal post or something at the train tracks. I'm still searching the web to track it down... first one to find it wins!
    Just so I know, how old are you? I'm going to turn 25 in may, and I was thinking this was some early 80's movie, but I'm not sure of that. Could you pin the time any better?

Apr 22, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Yeah I'm sure it was a train that knocked them off, but I was very young when I saw it last so I could be wrong, haha. Well I'm only 21 so I reakon it was an early 80's movie. How else can we track it down?

Apr 22, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dub_knight
    Yeah I'm sure it was a train that knocked them off, but I was very young when I saw it last so I could be wrong, haha. Well I'm only 21 so I reakon it was an early 80's movie. How else can we track it down?
    My mom has the end of this movie at her house on one of our tapes we used to tape things on as kids, but it got taped over, so just the very end is still on this tape (I remember seeing it when I was younger watching other movies) but she lives in another state, but I'll be going there soon so I am going to try to watch the credits and see if I can't find something with the name on it or some hint... we'll see.

Apr 23, 2007, 01:33 AM
    I hope she still has it! Hopefully you'll be able to find something on there. Make sure to let me know! There must be someone who knows what it's called!
    Velasa Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 04:28 PM
    It's 'The Mouse and His Child'. I loved the movie dearly when I was a kid.

May 4, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Velasa
    It's 'The Mouse and His Child'. I loved the movie dearly when I was a kid.
    WHOO HOOO, Velasa you're the GREATEST!! Thank you for taking time to help me out! I'm going to buy it right now! Thanks again!
    Mindy85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Comment on tonesbones's post
    Hey tonesbones, its dubknight here. I was talking to you nearly 18 months ago trying to help you figure out the pink elephant movie. Im glad you finally got it! My question is now... where can I get that movie from? Thanks
    marymoon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 05:55 PM
    The whole movie is on You Tube. This whole time I've been looking for toy bears... I only saw it once in the late 70's one Saturday. It really looks different than I remember.I always thought it was another finding Nemo story. Now if I can only find the one about the little green people that live under ground and they make friends with a couple of kids...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's cartoon movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay all I remember is on character (gnomish) had a candle on his head, and at some point they were going over a dark lake with spikes coming out of it, also at some point I remember this line, "Arise fairies and dance," proceeding by fairies emerging from a ring of mushrooms and dancing in a...

80's Cartoon Movie Title [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have asked all of my friends and even my brother about this movie. The only thing I can remember is that the main character may be a mouse (?? ) and is with his mother and they come to a stream or muddy area and he sees a can of either dog food or something with a tomato on it and...

Old cartoon movie, maybe 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, all I remember about this (because I was about 4 years old when I used to watch it) was that it was a cartoon, very roundy and cute style drawings, it had these 2 kids, brother and sister I think, who lived at home, and they would eat 'magic' cookies and go into their fridge and end up...

Help WIth an 80's HBO Cartoon Movie [ 1 Answers ]

The movie I remember was a cartoon Japanese style movie. I remember seeing it on HBO almost 17 to 18 years ago. At the beginning there was a mother pegasus on a cloud with her babies. Soemehow one of the babies ended up on earth where he came to a young woman and believe there was a black cat....

View more questions Search