Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LAGirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 09:49 PM
    sponsorship donations for charity event
    If I am working with a non-profit 501c3 event such as a dinner to raise $ for this nonprofit group and I offer "sponsorship" options or "ads" in our program, and I want to ask for X amount of money for Gold Sponsorship and have a portion be tax-deductible and go directly to the charity with the remainder of X going towards the overhead costs of the event itself, is there a certain amount or % over the tax-deductible amount that I can ask for? IE, if a Gold Sponsorship is $500 and $100 goes directly to the nonprofit and $400 goes towards my overhead costs---so long as the donor is AWARE that is the case and that only $100 of their $500 donation is tax-deductible, is that OK, or is there a set amount by law/taxes that is the maximum above $100 I can ask for?

Check out some similar questions!

How do I apply for Charity Care [ 4 Answers ]

I've tried searching the internet, including the web sites of various local hospitals but I cannot find the information I need. I know that Charity Care is available in Maryland for people who simply cannot pay for medical care. I just need to find out how to apply - is it through the state? Or...

Donations for Consignment Shop [ 4 Answers ]

Is it okay to take donations to open a thrift shop? Teresa

Retail charity marketing [ 1 Answers ]

I'm interested to know if anyone has statistical facts on how retail marketing is affected by the affiliation of a charitable cause in that marketing. If a retailer gives some of their profit to a charity, do they sell more merchandise and it so, is it a lot more? Why?

Donations [ 1 Answers ]

If a church is incorporated, but does not have a 501c3 status can donations be counted off on income tax. Would we be able to give a receipt for their income tax?

Charity contribution [ 4 Answers ]

I have learn so much by reading post here. I gave charity contrybutin to my church every year. I would like to know how is it firgure(formula) How much is allowed each year. Does it affect how much I pay in taxes and what is the cutoff where it does not matter how much I gave. Thank,I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.