Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BombArrow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2019, 01:57 PM
    Sink Sprayer Peters Out
    The kitchen sink sprayer works normally when first turned on, but suddenly dies out after 10 or 20 seconds. If I try running it again within a short time, the water pulses, at a reduced pressure, then dies. After an extended period--say later in the day--it will once again work normally, at first. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 29, 2019, 03:16 PM
    Hi BA

Without knowing the exact make/model of the faucet I can't speak specifics here, but in most cases like this the spray DIVERTER is to blame... most likely failing to open/close as required. See if you can find the name brand and then call the manufacturer of the faucet and talk to their tech. support department... they should be abe to send you a new spray diverter as well as give you replacement instructions via e-mail.

Name:  spray-diverter-type.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  41.6 KB

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sink sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

I would like some help, The side sprayer on the sink lost pressure and now I have water under the sink can anyone help??

New sink sprayer will not thread onto sink fitting [ 9 Answers ]

I want to install a new sink sprayer onto a faucet where the old one was removed and capped off. The new sprayercompression fitting seems to be too big. Is there an adapter? I have never seen anything like this before. It also seems like the faucet stem is not only smaller but too short to get...

Sink sprayer [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to change out my sprayer on my sink and can't figure out why it doesn't have constant pressure?? I depress the sprayer but it just sprays and quits and I lose pressure, any thoughts??

Kitchen sink sprayer leaking from under sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking from underneath my sink. We just replaced the spray head part. Could it be the hose or what else could it be? Thank you!

Sink Sprayer Help [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here's my problem about 6 months ago my sprayer broke on my kitchen sink and I just got aroudn to replace it. Before it broke I had no problems whatsoever with it. Now I installed a new sprayer head and the problem started immediately. What happens is the water runs fine out of the faucet but as...

View more questions Search