Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Connie Snyder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2019, 07:16 PM
    Weekly reader book club 1970s -Little Hippo wants to be alone but not TOO alone.
    A little hippopotamus felt crowded by the herd, kept wanting to be alone but then when he was totally alone, grew frightened. Solved his ambivalence by grazing up on a hill overlooking rest of the herd. It was a Weekly Reader selection in 60's or 70's - a favorite with my daughters but seems to have been supplanted by some other more recent Little Hippo series.

Check out some similar questions!

Weekly reader book club [ 1 Answers ]

I had a book from the weekly reader series in about the 60's which featured a boy and his dog in King Arthur's time. The boy was saved from an accident by his dog, and while he was unconscious, he dreamt of himself and his dog meeting King Arthur. There was a small poddley with a pith helmet who...

Is it still possible to purchase the "Cornerstone of Freedom" book set that the Weekly Reader Book Club used to sell?

Weekly reader book club [ 0 Answers ]

Is there a list of book titles from the Weekly Reader book club? I am interested primarily in titles from the 1950's. Can you help?

Weekly reader book club books [ 1 Answers ]

I am desperately searching for a copy of a Weekly Reader Book Club book titled Prince Bertram the Bad. Does anyone have one to sell? I need it by the 8th of August.

Hello, My parents enrolled me in the Weekly Reader book club when I was younger, in the late 70s early 80s and I am trying to find a book I remember, probably from that club about a group of animals looking for signs of spring. At the end of the story one of the animals sees some crocuses peeking...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.