Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janharnish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2019, 05:46 AM
    Basement smell
    What is the slime and smell coming from my basement walls?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2019, 06:00 AM
    Mold? Call someone to get it checked and addressed. Google slime mold and mold removal near you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2019, 01:47 PM
    What are the walls made of, Concrete, Block? Where are you located?
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2019, 09:00 AM
    Mold would require something wet and organic to grow on. If you have a wet spot on the foundation wall near where the sewer line passes through then the line right outside the house may be blocked by roots or may have a crack. On my first house I noticed an odor in the house and the sump pump in the crawlspace kept turning on even when we didn't have any rain. It turned out that the ABS sewer pipe under the house connected to terra cotta pipe at the footing, and the roots of the shrubs that I had planted outside had grown into the joints of the terra cotta pipe and blocked it, so sewage was backing up into the crawlspace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad smell in basement [ 1 Answers ]

Who should I call to investigate. Does not smell like gas. Started quickly

Smell in Basement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a smell that smells like cat urine in that basement that is permeating into the house, I do not own a cat. Do you know what else could be causing such a foul odor

Smell in the Basement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I am currently looking into a new home. Upon visiting I noticed a smell, quite similar to stale water coming form the basement. The current owner explained that it was due to the toilet not being flushed often enough therefor not draining the macerator pump. The toilet is below sewage level...

Bac Smell in the basement [ 1 Answers ]

We have a really bad sewage smell coming from a pipe in the basement, we were installing some new base board and had to go around a large metal pipe, about 6 inches in diameter, it smells REALLY bad. There is no dampness or water so I don't think it is cracked. Any ideas what could be going on? ...

Smell in basement [ 2 Answers ]

Every now and then I get a spetic smell in my basement. It is really bad after heavy rains. I have well water and get my septoic system pumped annually. Any ideas on what may be causing this odor and what I can do to correct the problem? It doesn't smell all the time but when it does its pretty...

View more questions Search