Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubber12connie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2019, 08:47 AM
    Keeping property that is not the one on probation
    Daughter was arrested for not reporting to her probation officer . They took her child's phone and will not return until they open it ,I'm the grandmother who have the kids can she keep it? Can she request it to be opened before returning?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2019, 04:32 PM
    The phone was in her possession, The parole department can do anything they want if there is a legal cause. Who is paying for the phone, the child, most likely if it is a younger child, mom or grandma is paying for it, so it is not really the child's phone.

But merely give them the code to open the phone and allow them to check it, and then they can return it. (unless there is things on the phone, that violates the parole)

Some people on parole for example can't have phones

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am on probation for not keeping my dog in the yar when she was supposed to be under [ 1 Answers ]

Now I'm in charge of shoplifting in a different county. Am I looking at jail time for this. At the time of the shop wishing I was under complete dress cause both my in laws had passed awayis going to buy a sweater had it over my arm and walked out of the store I realized what I done I started to...

Is property bought with heneritance money considered community property in Texas? [ 0 Answers ]

My step mother purchased property with monies that was left to her by her father. It was raw land at the time. There have been improvements made to the property by my father. Is it now considered community property? Is there a deed that would make it not community property?

Keeping an individual off your leased property [ 1 Answers ]

In leasing property for our hobby, what is the proper method of not permitting a particular person from the property after he/she has resigned their membership over serious controversial situation. Additionally, we post a sign saying spectators welcome. Many of the members are persistent a letter...

Felony Probation Metting Missed: Malicious Destruction of Property [MDDOP] | MICHIGAN [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am to report to my Probation Officer on the First of Every Month; however, January 1st is New Year's Eve. I have always reported when needed once a month - even if I have only seen him 3 times so far. My mother, too, works for the Michigan Department of Corrections, and she did not...

Landlord and loose dog on leased property, doesn't property go with the lease house? [ 31 Answers ]

I lease a house that has a front yard and a backyard and a legal apartment off to the side. My landlord and his dog live in his apt in the garage that I do not think is legal. When we moved in he told us he would be moving in a few months. Before he moved he let his big german sheperd mix run...

View more questions Search