Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SIMBRIAL Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2019, 07:58 AM
    Special Assessment - G1 visa and US Citizen
    Hello,
    My husband and I don't file taxes jointly as I am on a G1 visa. He is a US citizen.
    We own a property. He has being paying the mortgage and I was paying the special assessment (repair for the building due to leak water).
    Can my husband deduct the expenses of the special assessment even though it was me paying it off?
    He has started his own on line business. Can eventually deduct the mortgage and the special assessment (paid by me)?
    Thank you for the assistance you may provide.
    Simbrial

Check out some similar questions!

Special Assessment- G1 visa and US Citizen filing separately [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I don't file taxes jointly as I am on a G1 visa. He is a US citizen. We own a property. He has being paying the mortgage and I was paying the special assessment (repair for the building due to leak water). Can my husband deduct the expenses of the special assessment even...

Need Canadian Business Visa, working in US on L1 Visa, citizen of india [ 0 Answers ]

I am an indian and have US L1 visa expiry Oct 2013 and want to work temporarily in canada on a business visa multiple entry. Is it possible to get the business visa for canada if I apply from USA?

Visa status for non-US citizen married to US-citizen [ 2 Answers ]

If a non-US citizen (EU national) is married a US citizen, is there any way for her to spend large amounts of time in the US without becoming a permanent resident (if she decides not to seek any kind of employment in the US etc.) ?

TN visa (canadian citizen) toH1B visa [ 1 Answers ]

I am canadian citizen working in animal hosppital in usa as a veterinarian on TN visa. I am applying for H1B visa and I received LCA from my employer.When should I apply I-129 form . I am trying to fill I-129 and on page 1 st Basis for classification there are A b c d e f g Should...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.