Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2019, 07:24 AM
    LOL - good thing you're not an attorney.
    I think you kind of missed the point.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2019, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I think you kind of missed the point.

The point-missing, as usual, is all yours.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2019, 03:32 PM
    what's the difference between that and
    “If we had had confidence that the president had clearly not committed a crime we would have said so; ” ?
    'Let the jury considertheir verdict,' the King said, for about the twentieth time that day.
    'No, no!' said the Queen. 'Sentence first—verdict afterwards.'
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2019, 05:02 PM
    Tom, Mueller couldn't find evidence, so he did the next best thing, he resorted to innuendo, Trump has not been given the presumption of innocence, he is obviously guilty of having done something, afterall he stole an election, the election Hilliary couldn't loose
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2019, 07:11 PM
    what's the difference between that and “If we had had confidence that the president had clearly not committed a crime we would have said so; ” ?
    That's the point that seemed to be missed.

Mueller seemed to take that same approach that the dems took against Kavanaugh.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2019, 08:31 PM
    That's the point that seemed to be missed.

Mueller seemed to take that same approach that the dems took against Kavanaugh.
    Well it is a well tried tactic, if you don't agree with us we will hound you until you do
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2019, 02:09 AM
    Well it is a well tried tactic, if you don't agree with us we will hound you until you do
    Sadly true.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2019, 02:54 AM
    They couldn't get Trump on collusion or obstruction .So now the Dems are going for a competency "town hall " in July .

https://www.newsweek.com/house-democ...health-1442458

Article 2 section 4 states : The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

So presumably anything said at this "town hall " by the alleged experts would be irrelevant in an impeachment hearing . Their 'hail mary ' pass can be found in the 25th amendment section 4
    Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
    Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.
    The meaning of "or of such other body as Congress may by law provide" is beyond me .

The Dems always talk about a constitutional crisis . Using the 25th amendment would cause such a crisis . The bottom line is that the people of the country will decide next year if Trump is suitable to be President .All this impeachment talk and show trials are a distraction to rally their base ;and a distraction from the fact that they are a do-nothing Congress.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2019, 03:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    ...the people of the country will decide next year if Trump is suitable to be President .All this impeachment talk and show trials are a distraction ...
    Your fear is showing. For someone who denigrates Trump, you have an odd way of showing it.

The weird yellow-haired draft-dodging puke is now dishonoring the American war dead at Normandy by speaking at the ceremonies. This after almost the entire British nation turned out to show their disdain for the bozo, which he managed to unbelievably call demonstrations of love for him. This is a prima facie case for Article 25.

Then he went to Ireland where he was refused a meeting at his golf course and had to settle for a room at the airport. He suggests Ireland put up a wall on the Northern Ireland border. Thank God for the Irish Prime Minister who told him to shove it.

I believe the way for the future is impeachment. The Senate won't convict (unless a handful of them grow some cujones), but his filthy life of criminal interference and obstruction will be laid out for all to see. That lady who claimed she never knew any of the Trump bad conduct will now know - and others like her. Trumpist-Republican Senators will have lots of explaining to do to their constituents. Time to wake up and shape up, boys.
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2019, 04:33 AM
    This after almost the entire British nation turned out to show their disdain for the bozo,
    Yeah, it was almost the entire British nation, or some number considerably less than 1 percent.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2019, 04:41 AM
    Yeah, it was almost the entire British nation, or some number considerably less that 1 percent.

Trump invented that - he calls it hyperbole-truth-speak.
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2019, 08:03 AM
    Trump invented that - he calls it hyperbole-truth-speak.
    Glad to see you imitating him so well.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2019, 08:07 AM
    Glad to see you imitating him so well.

Happy to oblige.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2019, 08:45 AM
    show me the high crime or misdemeanor and I'll join the impeach train . There is zero chance that the Senate will convict and even less than that that he will be removed using the 25th .And I don't believe that Dem leadership will push it that far . Like I said ;this is the Dems attempt to influence the electorate . Any attempt to remove him before his term is up is folly that will blow up in their faces . What they have to hope is that Barr and Durham don't find the smoking gun on the abuses by the emperor's Justice and Intel Depts
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2019, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    show me the high crime or misdemeanor and I'll join the impeach train
    Will you settle for obstruction of justice? Bad hair?

There is zero chance that the Senate will convict and even less than that that he will be removed using the 25th
    Agreed. But one hopes.

.And I don't believe that Dem leadership will push it that far.
    They may be pressured to do just that.

Like I said ;this is the Dems attempt to influence the electorate . Any attempt to remove him before his term is up is folly that will blow up in their faces.
    You may be right about attempting to influence the electorate. But I disagree that it will blow up in their faces. When the Trump base electorate (mostly unaware of how bad Trump really is) gets a whiff of the reality when impeachment is all over every media in the land 24/7, I think enough of them will lose faith and send Trump home in 2020 where he will face criminal charges.

What they have to hope is that Barr and Durham don't find the smoking gun on the abuses by the emperor's Justice and Intel Depts
    Come on, Tom, there's no smoking gun and you know damn well there isn't. This is just wacky right-wing stuff. Besides, Barr should be watching his own arse as they close in on him for his outrageous support of Trump when he's legally required to represent the American people, not the president.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2019, 10:17 AM
    It's silly season for sure and everybody is hustling votes, money, and endorsements, including the dufus. Athos is correct in that the dems have a huge dufus fever to break, and repubs are NOT going to buck their leader easily, no matter what the Mueller Report says, but I cannot imagine they don't know how damning it is not just for the dufus, but for them too.

Despite the obstacles though, advantage dems, because all they have to do is their jobs, you know passing their agenda even if it goes nowhere, and getting the facts out on the evening news. The dufus fails, his party goes down with him. I also have no doubt Nancy will make sure it gets shoved up the Dufus's big orange/pink butt.

Interesting summer and fall Tom! Especially if the two Texas senators get their way in the weeks to come.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 6, 2019, 07:58 PM
    repubs are NOT going to buck their leader easily, no matter what the Mueller Report says,
    Wouldn't it have been nice if the Dems would have wiped out (that's what they were going for) all opposition, forever.

Trump is it. He isn't going anywhere.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2019, 05:07 AM
    The Dufus, that idiot Trump, is at it again. There are now more available jobs than there are available workers. First time since they started keeping this stat in the year 2000.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/05/ther...X2e7WUff_68mQs
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2019, 06:49 AM
    well there you have it, the perfect demonrat excuse to let more migrants in
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2019, 07:09 AM
    well there you have it, the perfect demonrat excuse to let more migrants in
    That made me laugh. Funny but probably accurate observation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Mueller indictments [ 937 Answers ]

Inspector Clouseau brought down a bakers dozen of indictments yesterday against Ruskies working out of St Petersburg .(taking bets right now on the chances of ever getting those charged onto US soil).The charge is that they dressed up like American snowflakes in pajamas, in their mother's basement...

Mueller climatrol 137-115 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Model 137-115. I came home at lunch the fan was blowing. When I set the thermostat to 70 the burners kick on and heat up and it heats the house. When the house gets to desired temperature the fans stays on, burners go off. I've changed thermostat, same thing...

Mueller climatrol motor? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Climatroloil forced furnace, MN.227-1-110, SN. 2EZ. 88000 BTU per hr. It has stopped working. The blower will work if I turn it on manual, but if I put it on auto nothing works. I am told I need a motor for it. Can anyone tell me where I would fine one and about how much it will cost. ...

How to restart a mueller furnace? [ 0 Answers ]

I ran out of oil. After getting oil in the tank I can't get the furnace to work. I've looked all over for a reset button, but there isn't one.

Mueller Climatrol [ 4 Answers ]

I have bunch of old Units labeled: Mueller Climatrol Recessed Summner Conditioner Model 910-100 10500 BTU oer hour 230V Milwaukee WI

View more questions Search