Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fourswitch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2019, 09:13 PM
    Four switches / two breakers
    While remodeling I found a four-gang box for four switches. All four switches are connected and each switch goes to its own light. The problem lies in the fact that three lights are on one breaker, while the four is on another breaker. I am at a loss. How can this be?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2019, 03:13 AM
    Are all the lights working? What happens if one breaker is turned off, then the other is turned off? Exactly which slots are the breaker located in the panel?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2019, 01:32 PM
    "All four switches are connected". Through a common wire nut? Pigtailled or jumpered? Can you clarify?
    Could be a junction box somewhere and 3 blacks are on 1 breaker and 1 on the other although that seems to be overkill. The breaker for the 1 switch controls nothing else?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do my lighted rocker switches flicker ? I don't know the model # of the switches. [ 3 Answers ]

Why do my lighted rocker switches flicker ? I don't know the model # and they are 3-4 years old. THANKS

Torquing breakers, switches, panels, and others [ 3 Answers ]

I read an excellent advice in this forum from an expert member on torquing Sub-panel, etc. before equipment goes live. Torquing by hand without a Torquing tool can potentially damage the nuts and/or bolts. I am familiar with torquing tools for automobiles use, and own Two of them. Those...

Attempting to install GFCI circuit breakers (3 wires for 2 breakers) [ 6 Answers ]

OK here is my situation I have a Siemens box in my home I'm installing GFCI breakers to bring it up to code for insurance purposes Only thing is 4 rooms in this home are for some reason wired together on 3 wires (red black and white) connected to two separate breakers (30 Amps each) (two rooms...

View more questions Search