Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2019, 06:26 AM
    New faucet whistles
    I had a new bathroom faucet installed yesterday by a professional plumber. I did not notice it at first, but the unit WHISTLES when the faucet is turned on. Also, the water pressure does not seem as good as my older faucet.
    He turned off the water from the SHUT OFF VALVES under the sink to do this job.
    The faucet is washerless.
    Please advise anything you can on this. He will come back, hopefully at no cost.
    Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 17, 2019, 09:52 AM
    Other than making sure the shut offs are all the way open it's likely the new faucet has a different aerator that supposedly saves you water usage by restricting the outlet pressure. If you still have your old aerator you can exchange them. Should fit. Please let us know how you made out. Hope it's as simple as I made it sound.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2019, 01:09 PM
    Not sure about the whistle but, low flow is common in newer faucets. Supposedly saves water.
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2019, 08:23 PM
    Consider yourself fortunate, most faucets never learn how to whistle...but seriously I am with Talaniman about the shut-off valve not being fully opened. Turn the knobs all the way to the left. As mao641 mentioned, newer plumbing fixtures have a flow restrictor built into the aerator. If the whistle persists, then unscrew the aerator and see if it goes away then. If you still have a whistle then have the plumber come back and swap the faucet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Model 141-50a whistles when heat is turned on [ 3 Answers ]

I have 141-50a mueller climatrol furnace it was working fine now it whistles when I turn heat on what's wrong

Whistles for deaf dogs [ 3 Answers ]

Our 13 year old dalmatian has gone deaf. Is there any type of whistle that we could try To get her attention?

Hot h2o whistles! [ 2 Answers ]

I recently replaced kitchen counter and used same sink and faucet. Now when using hot water the fixture "sings/whistles"? Only happens on hot side, cold is fine and never did this before. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Alien like et movie but he whistles don't KNOW THE NAME [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie ages ago. It was like ET but there was a boy in a wheelchair that moved to a new town, he meets the alien because he rolls down a big hill and the alien stops him. The boy dresses the alien in a bear suit. I think it drinks heaps of pepsi too. It also whistles to cantact its family(it...

View more questions Search