Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stokes718 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Can rental car expenses be reimbursed after 4 years?
    In 2003, my husband was driving home with our children when he was involved in an accident. Our car was hit in the side by a driver that went through a stop sign while attempting to cross the 2 lane street. My husband had no controls on his street (no stop sign, no light). We only had one car at the time and had to rent while our car was being repaired, which cost us $1100.
    I've sent 3 copies of the rental receipts to the other drivers insurance company, as recently as last month, and still haven't been reimbursed. They've claimed they never received them.
    Is there any statue of limitation for reimbursement for rental car expenses? Although a significant amount of time has passed, I am still entitled to the money, right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 09:27 PM
    I am sure there are SOL on filing a law suit on a property damage claim but it will vary on the state this occurred at. I have to ask why you did not file a claim against your insurance ( if you had full coverage or rental car,) and just let them worry about getting the money.
    Or file a law suit sooner when they did not settle.

But now that they have it, follow up every few days, record who you talk to and when.
    Stokes718 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 09:49 AM
    At the time of the accident, we did not have full coverage only basic liability. For that reason repair costs and other expenses became our responsibility (since we didn't even have collision) My husband received a small amount of money from the other insurance for a back injury he sustained, but I don't believe the rental expense was included in that.
    We were living in NY at the time of the incident.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buy Another Car or Use Existing Car 'til It Runs No More [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me resolve a debate with my husband. I am a first time car owner. I bought a new Jeep in 8/04 for $23,600. I put $5K down on the purchase + my loan is for 60 months. I would like to trade in the liberty before it gets too old + has too many miles on it. Does it make better sense to...

Car battery or car generator [ 4 Answers ]

How do you tell if you need a new generator or battery? t-you

Car Loan and Car Title - Minnesota Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My fiancé and I recently bought a car on a Saturday. We live in Minnesota. At first, the finance guy at the car dealership told us the financing will be done through Wells Fargo. After spending close to 4 hours at there and hearing it was a reputable bank that we both bank through -- we...

Reimbursed Moving Expenses [ 1 Answers ]

In February, 2006 I transferred from Wisconsin to the New York area. My employer is located in New York City. Also in February, 2006 I contracted on a new residence in New Jersey. Because it was under construction I did not move into it until August, 2006. During the interim period, I lived with...

Employer requesting to be reimbursed for old fica taxes. [ 10 Answers ]

My husband worked as a contractor for 2 years and we would pay our own taxes in installmentsto the IRS ourselves. The state of CA then required the employer to reclassify them as employees for 2005 . They were reclassified as employees in September 2005 but the employer paid his share of ss and...

View more questions Search