Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ecorser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Do I need braces?
    My teeth are not crooked, but I hate my teeth because they are spaced out a little. I just want to have braces before I get into college or whatever. I read that uneven chewing causes major headaches and face pains, and that has been happening to me for awhile now. So I have been considering getting braces even though my teeth are not crooked. Do you think it is a good idea?? :)
    youn2035 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 07:49 PM
    How old are you? Because my brother had spaced out teeth until he was 18 or 19, and now they look fine. But if they don't seem to be filling in, then I say definitely get braces, and the sooner, the better. There's nothing quite like a great smile:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Hello and welcome, I have moved your question from the Introduction area to the area on dental.

I have no idea about your answer, but on dental issues a visit to your local dentist ( and hopefully you are going once to twice a year at least anyway, can answer your questions
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ecorser
    My teeth are not crooked, but i hate my teeth because they are spaced out a little. I just want to have braces before I get into college or whatever. I read that uneven chewing causes major headaches and face pains, and that has been happening to me for awhile now. So I have been considering getting braces even though my teeth are not crooked. Do you think it is a good idea??? :)
    Go for a consult with an orthodontist in your area and see what he/she has to say. You might find you only need braces for a short time to fix your problems. If you are experiencing headaches and they are dental related, they will only get worse until you fix the problem. Braces aren't that bad, and it's totally worth it!
    jungle queen Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 11:13 PM
    Hi

I am not a dentist but I could answer your question.infact I am a patient like you.please consult an orthodontist and ask about Teeth bands.This are used to close gaps between the teeth.I consider this very comfortable as compared to braces.Dental hygiene is difficult with braces! I now this because I have them:-((

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Had Braces Once, But Now. [ 4 Answers ]

I had braces for two years, from 7th-9th grade. When I got them off, I never wore my retainers, so my teeth shifted. Thankfully, my orthodontist had periodic checkups later in my 9th grade year and this isnpired me to shove my retainers back in. For a few more months, this shoving them in every...

Braces [ 5 Answers ]

Is it a bad idea to get braces while you are missing a tooth?

Braces / Retainers [ 5 Answers ]

I had braces since I was in 4th grade until 7th grade. When I took my braces off in 7th grade, I wore my retainer for only about half of a year. I know I was supposed to wear it for a longer period, but I didn't. I am now in 10th grade and my teeth are still aligned perfectly (no retainer). Will...

Braces [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question can you drink beer.while having braces on? Thanks you

View more questions Search