Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    USTX5454 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2019, 04:44 PM
    FBAR filing due date
    FBAR filing due date is today 4/15. However is automatic extn of 6 more months valid for 2018?

Can we submit by 10/5/2019?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 15, 2019, 06:27 PM
    Yes, the IRS has, for they third year in a row, given everyone an automatic extension to submit their FBARs by 15 October 2019.

So October 5th is fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fbar filing for money transferred to parents account in india? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1(resident alien for tax purpose) visa status and would like to know if I need to file FBAR for the money (after tax from salary) I transferred to my parents account in India (not joint account with me) for family maintenance? Thanks for your time.

Does 10,000 threshold for FBAR apply to individuals filing jointly? [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I file taxes jointly in the US. And we have individual bank accounts in India. I had a question about whether the $10,000 threshold gets doubled for individuals filing jointly? A. Do I file FBAR if my overseas balances exceeded 10,000, and my wife files FBAR if her overseas...

FBAR filing queries [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a few questions regarding FBAR form: 1. I have to enter information about shares. What should be the "Maximum value of account during calendar year reported" be for shares? Do I need to find out the highest price of the shares in 2011 and then calculate the net value or can I use...

Estate filing date [ 1 Answers ]

We expect to receive a K-1 for the sale of property (sold in '11) this year 2012. Does this count as income in '11 or '12? Thanks

Date for filing First Year Choice tax returns [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am working on a L1 visa here arrived here in July 07. My wife and kid are currently back in India and would be joining me here only by mid-may 2008. For the year 2007, if I file returns jointly with my wife I would be able to claim both of them as dependents. However, by what date would I...

View more questions Search