Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joanmaris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2019, 01:04 PM
    How to correct spelling of first and last name on birthcertificate
    First and last name spelled wrong on birth certificate. Last name does not match fathers signature. All school records and sociial security and legal records have the right spelling. I have mother and father"s birth and marriage certificates with correct spelling. How do I correct the spelling on my birth certificate
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 15, 2019, 03:38 PM
    Inquire at your own county deeds and records office, or call the county clerk for direction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2019, 06:14 PM
    First you this can vary by state in the US and by country around the world.

Please understand, that your birth certificate is in legal terms, 'the legal and actual name' and in fact, it is all of your other records that are legally wrong. Since a birth certificate is the legal document that names you

But you will have to execute a name change (which is fairly easy but has to be done though the court) So your first stop is to check with your local court.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2019, 07:47 PM
    You don't, a birth certificate is a legal document. If all other things are correct, e.g. Social Security, just leave it. Actually, as Fr. Chuck noted, all the other records are really incorrect. My wife started using her confirmation name as her middle name instead of her birth certificate name. That was 60 + years ago. Nothing has ever happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this the correct use of punctuation and spelling? [ 3 Answers ]

My whole family loves to eat there. We go every Saturday night, it is delicious!

Birthcertificate [ 1 Answers ]

In Ontario if a woman has a baby with a man she was never together with for more than the time of conceiving the child does she have to put his name on the birth certificate?

French birthcertificate [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in france and I lived here in US since I was little. Does anybody know where can I get my BIRTHCERTIFICATE. Ive been trying to do this, but still no success. Im from California. Is it possible to the birthcertificate so I can get my passport as soon as possible:(

View more questions Search