Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DioDiaz13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Rebound Length
    I was married for 4 years, until we both decided to divorce. It was not a bad break-up, it was more of us knowing we had made a mistake. Shortly after I entered a new relationship. My new boyfriend and I have been dating over a year. But my family says that I have a rebound relationship. Do I? I donīt feel like I do.

What is the average length of a rebound relationship?

Thanks
    Dio
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 08:34 PM
    There is no such thing as an average length for a rebound relationship to begin. It is completely up to the individual however I can understand your families concern. Many people get out of a serious and long term relationship and jump straight back into another one. This can be for many reasons. Mostly the fear of being alone and the need to be with someone. They replace their ex with something new. This is all well and good for a while but eventually problems always seem to surface. Personally I think it is a good idea once a relationship ends to take some time to myself and evaluate where I am at, what went wrong and where I am heading.

Getting straight back into a relationship doesn't allow this. It also doesn't allow us to grieve. I would like to think that breaking up with your husband was a painful and sad experience for you despite the mistake. Did you not feel like being alone for a while?

Do you think this new guy is just a replacement? You have to look within yourself to answer the question of whether he is a rebound or not. You will no the truth. I hope you are honest with yourself and him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2007, 08:11 AM
    But my family says that I have a rebound relationship. Do I? I don´t feel like I do.
    I think you knew that the marriage was a mistake a long time ago, and were ready to move on. After a year in this new relationship, if things are going good and your happy, bravo! Don't worry about what others say, as they are not in your shoes, and don't know how you feel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebound? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently started dating a women for the last month and a half. This is her first lesbian relationship. And my second. I just got out of a 2 and a half year relationship at the end of November of 2005. My ex screwed me over by lying and stringing me along, and many other things. I can...

Obvious rebound [ 4 Answers ]

Here is the story, Got involved with a married woman with 3 kids and loser husband. She has been trying to divorce him and it would be difficult to do so but could be done. Me single dad going through a separation. I think we have been verry honest with each other, I know I have. So she...

Rebound obvious [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the story, Got involved with a married woman with 3 kids and loser husband. She has been trying to divorce him and it would be difficult to do so but could be done. Me single dad going through a separation. I think we have been verry honest with each other, I know I have. So she finds out...

Rebound [ 28 Answers ]

We all know that after a relationship, people tend to go on the "rebound"... finding someone to just pass some of the time along and get it out of the system... My question is... is it possible for someone who broke up with you to go on Rebound??

View more questions Search